ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does a decat just work?

K20 EG Hatch
put my standard exahaust on today and found out my original cat is fucked, cut and needs replacing :(
anyways what i was gonna do is just replace the cat with a yozzasport decat.
Will i just put in on and it works? Or do they have to be remaped or need anything else?
And it deffinately wont loose power.

(The decat will be my only engine mod).

M2 Competition
Yep, you just put it on and it works, increases power a little.

An alternative, as your standard cat has gone, is to hollow out your cat, removing all the internals...

Will do basically the same job :)

Peperami said:
Yep, you just put it on and it works, increases power a little.

An alternative, as your standard cat has gone, is to hollow out your cat, removing all the internals...

Will do basically the same job :)

how do i do that on my standard 1.2 16v??????

will i fail on mot's though?

Lionel Richie
after seeing the pics i'm shocked at what has been done to your OE cat, not good!!!

decat will go straight on, no prob

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Dan....it varies from car to car if your emissions light comes on...no problem with mine after 20k

182 and 5 GTT
my emisions light came on after a few weeks with a sports cat so it will most probably come on with a decat. You might get lucky though!

S2000
A decat will go straight on but you have to bear in mind that it will probably fail an MOT with the decat so you will probably have to buy a CAT on at some point anyway.