ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone else feel....bad

Ive just been out in my cup for a bit of a drive. I started off just tootling along listening to the lovely sound of my magnex. Then a bit of open road and i drop it a cog and floor it.....this goes on for the next 10mins:devilish:....not really pushing the car to the limits tho...dont want to write it off!! Anyway now im back home I feel bad because ive been abusing my car.....anyone else feel like this after a bit of a thrash???:cry:

sometimes, my 172 loves it, but then like a race horse all good cars need a run out :)

i just give her a good valet afterwards to make up for it !

My view is, if you love your car and you look after her she will look after you!

If she feels like shes having a good day, then give her a good horsing...

Haha dont feel bad.. as long as you keep it happy, serviced and maintained I dont see why you shouldnt.

Its what it was built for after all...

I nver feel bad the car needs a workout now and again (well every day).

Only feel worried that I might have crashed with one little slip

Really glad its not just me who feels like this.....im gonna give her a good clean tomorrow...my way of an apology!!;)

black golf v6 4 motion

me too i keep saying on fill up ..... i will driver her carefully and make the fuel last then on leaving the petrol station i cant resist pressing the noise pedal then when i get home i feel guilty why do we feel like this???:devilish:

being a mechanic i have two veiws on this,

1. i know im giving all the oily bits and suspension/ brakes a hard time and my mechanical sympathy says back off (y)

2. if it breaks ill just fix the fookin thing, make it work for its optimax:devilish:

Im defo number 1 ... might just be because its new.... and that fact that my girlfriend has sworn to me that ive got to keep this car for 5 years!! Cant change it after 10 months like my last one:devilish:

insignia

My Clio is real. I only feel bad ragging him when hes thirsty other than that he loves it when i treat him hard. Sometimes he does like to chill but most times hes always on the go. Why should anybody feel guilty for having a goodtime with him. Thats what hes there for, he never squeels only roars in pleasure :smile:

Mazda MX5 1.8

yeah i hate the feeling after ragging it - it almost makes me wanna pull over and wrap it in a tartan blanket! lol

^^ have u checked? ;)

as for trashing my lil RT yea always do, mainly because i think

1. stupid driving really, no need to speed other than to cure my addiction

2. cant be good for the lil bugger.

R

rich[182]

slayer

best original post in ages, soooooooo true, i can relate to all comments in this post.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 25 May 2004

My 172 is a filthy whore that loves nothing better than a good thrashing. So I give it to her. Hard.
My Cups exactly the same!

Feeling bad/guilty? As said before its what theyre designed for...isnt it?

The rev limiter is there for a reason, so leave all traces of mechanical sympathy at home and go spread the 172 word :D

When I first got my car I was scared of breaking it and drove like an old lady, but gradually became more and more happy that it wouldnt, and so if the mood takes then why not, but I never thrash it the way I thrash Demo cars....:devilish:The 172, 182 and V6 test drives were fun!!

I dont feel bad, I never rag it from cold, I dont rag it all the time, but every so often I like a good blast, I mean thats what its for, if I didnt want to be able to have fun once in a while Id have bought a Daewoo Matiz.