ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does anyone know of a program that can creat a list of directories in a text file

Fabia vRS
basically i have a s**t load of movies (all legal of course) on my pc, and i want to create a list of them all so i can keep track of what i've got, and let other people know what i have.

Anyone know of a program that can create a text file with a list of all the directories in my movies folder?

172 Cup
I used to have a program that would scan set directories for movies and then create a list of titles to print off. You could add pictures of the DVD cover and other information too..

Only downside is I can't remember what the hell it was called but I'll have a look over lunch.

Doesn't Winamp output playlists into HTML format? Just put all your movies into one playlist and then create the HTML from it.

Trophy #267
do it yersen
open up command promt (start, run, type 'cmd' in xp)
navigate to the folder (ie d: cd movies)
then type "dir > textfile.txt" which does the lot into the file textfile.txt
can do variot oprions like /b if you just want files n folders etc
hint - do dir /? for a full listing of swicthes

Fabia vRS
do it yersen
open up command promt (start, run, type 'cmd' in xp)
navigate to the folder (ie d: cd movies)
then type "dir > textfile.txt" which does the lot into the file textfile.txt
can do variot oprions like /b if you just want files n folders etc
hint - do dir /? for a full listing of swicthes

cheers, that is almost perfect although obviously it outputs a load of crap that i don't want, but it's better than nothing at the moment.

Fabia vRS
i've done it now, if anyone is interested the command is.....

dir /on /a /b /-p /o:gen >FolderList.txt

Trophy #267
fs theres always one ...............
too many days of my life have been lost scratching my head reading man samba so that i can see fileshares that take me 3 mins to setup in win.
inevitably i reformat as I can print a word doc to a network printer from scratch in under 5 mins.
Takes me that bloody long to find the printer drivers

Focus RS
huzzah !!
bring back windows for workgroups and proper dos i say !!!

Yeah! config.sys and autoexec.bat, spending ages with MEMMAKER.EXE to get 600kb base memory, loading your drivers with himem.sys etc.

Back when mouse.com was a driver file and not a website, happy times! ;)

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
you could have allways donw it like above just do the dir /p to pause the screen on each page (cos u got so many) then right click the mouse and select mark, click with the left button to highlight the area then press ctr and c to copy the text to memory, then paste in word or notepad....