ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does anyone know of a program that can creat a list of directories in a text file

Fabia vRS
basically i have a s**t load of movies (all legal of course) on my pc, and i want to create a list of them all so i can keep track of what i've got, and let other people know what i have.

Anyone know of a program that can create a text file with a list of all the directories in my movies folder?

172 Cup
I used to have a program that would scan set directories for movies and then create a list of titles to print off. You could add pictures of the DVD cover and other information too..

Only downside is I can't remember what the hell it was called but I'll have a look over lunch.

Doesn't Winamp output playlists into HTML format? Just put all your movies into one playlist and then create the HTML from it.

Trophy #267
do it yersen
open up command promt (start, run, type 'cmd' in xp)
navigate to the folder (ie d: cd movies)
then type "dir > textfile.txt" which does the lot into the file textfile.txt
can do variot oprions like /b if you just want files n folders etc
hint - do dir /? for a full listing of swicthes

Fabia vRS
do it yersen
open up command promt (start, run, type 'cmd' in xp)
navigate to the folder (ie d: cd movies)
then type "dir > textfile.txt" which does the lot into the file textfile.txt
can do variot oprions like /b if you just want files n folders etc
hint - do dir /? for a full listing of swicthes

cheers, that is almost perfect although obviously it outputs a load of crap that i don't want, but it's better than nothing at the moment.

Fabia vRS
i've done it now, if anyone is interested the command is.....

dir /on /a /b /-p /o:gen >FolderList.txt

Trophy #267
fs theres always one ...............
too many days of my life have been lost scratching my head reading man samba so that i can see fileshares that take me 3 mins to setup in win.
inevitably i reformat as I can print a word doc to a network printer from scratch in under 5 mins.
Takes me that bloody long to find the printer drivers

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
huzzah !!
bring back windows for workgroups and proper dos i say !!!

Yeah! config.sys and autoexec.bat, spending ages with MEMMAKER.EXE to get 600kb base memory, loading your drivers with himem.sys etc.

Back when mouse.com was a driver file and not a website, happy times! ;)

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
you could have allways donw it like above just do the dir /p to pause the screen on each page (cos u got so many) then right click the mouse and select mark, click with the left button to highlight the area then press ctr and c to copy the text to memory, then paste in word or notepad....