ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does Anyone Own A Mk3 Clio Yet?

al

ST on the way...
My mum always told me never to tell lies, cos it just gets you in bother! lol

al

ST on the way...
Yeah, I tried a 1.6 and the top 1.5 DCi, the steering was wooley and had no feel to it on both of them, and the diesel was quicker! They're built really well by the feel of it but they're not the same any more and ridiculously expensive! Would have cost me 14k for the same spec as my 1.6 which was just over 10k new.

Other folk may like em, but it just doesn't feel right, maybe it'll be better when they fetch out the standard 2.0 and the RS.

Dealers will do deals on the RRP within the next couple of months. They're charging full whack at the moment as the car is brand new out. Just wait until there are stacks of new shape clios sat at the docks in Scumhampton or Teeside..... They'll do deals then.

Ph1
Are they putting a whole new engine in for the Sport model ??

Excuse my ignorance but havent been following the new Clio's progress.

al

ST on the way...
The dealer told me (probably a load of shite cos they always are) that they are currently being built to order...

Octavia VRS
mk2 is still getting sold for another year inm 2 guises. Think of the depreciation on them..saying that you are getting a new car with good kit for 6k

Seen a few MK3s about locally in the past few weeks (not stickered up or anything) and was then told they were not actually being delivered yet. I must live in a time-warp, last Sunday a new Civic (the prototype looking thing) passed me in my home town (again with no obvious dealer markings), looked like no other car on earth with that mad front end.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
almarsden said:
The dealer told me (probably a load of sh*te cos they always are) that they are currently being built to order...

^^^ all renaults are built to order now, thats why it takes so long to order one.

I have a new 1.4 dynamique 's' as my company car (salesman for renault) and its ok...........ish.
The seats have no support whatsoever, its like sitting on a park bench. Build quality is outstanding compared to the previous model, and road noise is minimal. suspension is really good, holds the road very well and is fairly flat through the corners, but is really smooth on country roads. But, due to the extra weight, and euro4 engines, its very very slow. looks good though!
But the Renaultsport version will be good.... oh so very good!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
sales man today told me he has been on the course for the new rs and it has a down tunned 225 turbo engine

ben_p said:
sales man today told me he has been on the course for the new rs and it has a down tunned 225 turbo engine

Salesman in Bath told me in 3 years time that a Clio CC would be out (this was 3 years ago), so I wouldn't assume they have a clue!

Ben_P - I recon saleman was asleep in the lessons. 192~197bph N/A engine its a derated Megan engine in that they both have the same engine codes and share a few bits but thats it.

what they need to do is bring out a clio 3 sport with the turbo engine. tweak it a little more. put in a high quality 4wd system and blow away those sti's, evo's and ruffle up an m3's feathers.

now that would be everything i wish for...tell me im wrong ???

i have ordered a mk3, dont get it till end of jan. i personally found it very nice to drive and much better built then the mk2.

why not a turbo little one ? with 4 wd u wont have the problems of torque steer associated with fwd only cars. its the only way the clio will match the evo's and sti's ...

and being a smaller car the all round performance would be amazing !

MKIII 138
puncher said:
why not a turbo little one ? with 4 wd u wont have the problems of torque steer associated with fwd only cars. its the only way the clio will match the evo's and sti's ...

and being a smaller car the all round performance would be amazing !

still amazing performance, but the new clio weighs like around 1180-1200 nearly the same as a CTR !! then add another 60kilos for 4wd and it would be 1260kg with 200hp and 4wd why not just buy an old impreza if thats what you want.
no point having a sleeper image if the cars known to have a turbo and 4wd stock ! lol. the current RS looks like all the other clio`s to most people so that still works as a real sleeper against bigger machines

i see your point as to be a sleeper. but it can still look like a sleeper if you badge it right.

nad if tis going to be heavier like you say it will then maybe a turbo is going to be needed to get that improvement in performance. well at least to improve significantly anyway.

why wouldnt i get an impreza ? already considered 1 b4 i got a clio. my reasons for buying the clio were ...

1) every ass hole and his dog has a wrx. there everywhere. very pricy to insure (obviously becoz its a turbo). now thats an interesting point i just noted to myself lol.

2) the clio is alot rarer and more individualistic.

3)cheap to insure

4)great fuel ecenomy considering its performance.

5)tyhe car is big enuf for my purposes. although i do wish i had a big car when going on long drive with 3 or more heads in the car.(not very often tho)

6)it gets great reviews. best hatch in class.

7) its a renault ! f1 champs ! he he

and just for the record....b4 i bought it i did my homework. read up on alot of cars. nutted it down to 3 cars. the vw golf gti. the 206 pug gti which i was originally going to get. i test drove all 3. liking the clio most. then i found out the pug 206 gti 180 was coming out in a few mnths ! i was running out of patience. i was leaning towards the 180 but decidied on the clio. and in the end im glad i did becoz after comparisons between the 2 the clio leaves the pug behind.

ive been very happy with my rcs. its a gem !

cant wait for the new model. it looks awsome in my opinion. but i might have to bite my tongue and let it go for at least a couple years. as im off to to the world cup next year :) in europe and ill be partying hard ....he he... cant pass that up !