ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does my car have xenons?

172 Monaco
I have a 2002 Clio 172 i need to know as i want to smooth off the washer jets but cant if it does as need the jets for the MOT.

HElP...

Cheers

elliott

Black 197
You can tell if it has xenons by looking at the lights, The colour is a bluey purple, and the bulb has a dome looking bit of glass round the bulb.. well thats what my 182 xenons look like and yes if you do have xenons you have to have the washes fitted by law (i think)

Unless it a 172 CUP you will have HID xenon lights. Comes standard with all MKII 172 exluding the Cup.

the light is very intense so small bits of dirt could cause it to scatter.

If you have the washers on the car it would be safe to assume that they are not there for nothing; youve got xenons. The light should have its own 'module' so to speak, usually has a chrome trim round it that is slighty circular?

172 Monaco
meh purpose or not smooth is the way forward! lol

just checked with a MOT tester and he said they dont test or check for them on the MOT?

Should i do it?

Arctic blue 182ff
do a search for a trophy or a cup, they dont have them...

every RS owner will disagree with you if you do it..

Arctic blue 182ff
both4.jpg

a cup with blanks, and ff with washers

172 Monaco
i wouldnt get blanks id have it all smoothed off, but thanks for the pics, been looking at others on here.

need to talk to a coper i know and a MOT tester, just to make sure.

Cheers

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
ooh my car got a mention....

not wanting to hijack, but where other than the stealers could i get a replacement washer? the ball used to angle the spray on the near side has vanished and water drips constantly....

cheers

E92 M3
i dont have any close up pic but when i made my rep i got the smothed and am glad i did now

at the end of the day if the MOT place says you dont need them just take it there every time

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

M2 Competition
Having seen that id say it looks better with the washers.

Damnit the pic above makes me want another cup again :(