ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Snow Foam/The lance actually clean your car?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
My first question is, does it actually do anything above and beyond a blow over with the jet wash?

I've got a Karcher with a soap tank and also the soap spray attachment.

Is a lance vastly superior to this or will Snow Foam in this do the trick?

Jet washing straight away grinds the dirt over your car. A snow/foam lance gently soaks the dirty away from the car.

Dodgy one
Good stuff for winter tho ;) Fook getting cold, Blast it over, Go have a brew, by the time you get back rinse it off and leave it to dry naturally.

It'l be 90% clean which is enough for winter as its a bit pointless

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Love mine, tried cleaning it without snowing it the other day, was far more effort.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
No it wont mate nowhere near as good
Have you tried both? (genuine question BTW)

Not sure I can justify £45 when i'm not really into detailing. I'm a lazy Get though so it may be worth it if it makes life easier.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

Karcher bottle- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TZkCtv2BiYY&feature=related

Foam lance- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JVpoQ5fw2rs&feature=related

the karcher bottle , the foam is not as thick as the true foam lance , the karcher suds runs off quicker so the wash does not have time to do its cleaning , with the foam lance its alot thicker in delivery, you can adjust the suds . so it does a better cleaning job.
Thanks Guys.

Impressive results.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Example here.....

Snow foam in a foam lance. Just applied to the car, left for 10 minutes and then jet washed of....

BEFORE:

DSCF3385.jpg

AFTER:

DSCF3416.jpg

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Thats a good before after shot on the saxo. Maybe im not leaving mine on the car to soak for long enough, as it didnt do as well as that yesteday ? It does make it easier / quicker to wash with mitt after though.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Thats a good before after shot on the saxo. Maybe im not leaving mine on the car to soak for long enough, as it didnt do as well as that yesteday ? It does make it easier / quicker to wash with mitt after though.
+1, mine still left somedirt at the bottom of the sills etc, do i need thicker foam or just leave it on longer?

Mondeo ST220
Out of interest how long to people leave the foam on for?

I always tend to leave it on around 5 to 10 minutes.