ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this exist? trickle charging from a jump starter/portable source

The 182 has a battery fitted under the passenger seat.
Can't remember the model but it's (probably) a track day battery that you would normally leave on the mains whilst parked in a garage. It came with a trickle charger with an AC plug.

It holds enough charge to start the car for 2-3 weeks. It isn't a daily driver. There is no power in my garage and no way to make that happen.
Is there a portable power source that could be used, instead of mains power and would it work?

For example, could this jump starter be used..
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-js5in1-5-in-1-jump-start/

As you can probably guess, I'm not an electrician so this might be a very basic question!

Last edited:
The 182 has a battery fitted under the passenger seat.
Can't remember the model but it's (probably) a track day battery that you would normally leave on the mains whilst parked in a garage. It came with a trickle charger with an AC plug.

It holds enough charge to start the car for 2-3 weeks. It isn't a daily driver. There is no power in my garage and no way to make that happen.
Is there a portable power source that could be used, instead of mains power and would it work?

For example, could this jump starter be used..
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-js5in1-5-in-1-jump-start/

As you can probably guess, I'm not an electrician so this might be a very basic question!
http://www.halfords.com/workshop-to...vc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=CLvuu8PVsNACFUVmGwodtWsEAQ
or normal car battery and jump leads.

Volvo S60 T5
Google anti gravity batteries , I've had one for ages and it works really well, tiny thing it is.
The XP-1 is so small it fits in your POCKET, PURSE or BACKPACK, yet so powerful it can start Motorcycles, Powersports Vehicles, even V8 Trucks up to 30X in a row!Jump-Start vehicles with gas engine sizes up to 4.5L V8. Amazingly the XP-1 can also Power & Charge your Devices: Cell Phones, Cameras, Tablets and much more. It has FOUR on-board power ports: a 19V for Laptops, a 12V standard output for all 12V Accessories, and TWO USB outputs for powering 5V USB-charged devices.

I've got a 40m cable to run from the balcony for those occasions it does go flat but being a trickle charger, it takes 24 hours.
Removing the battery isn't worth the hassle.

I'd just like to plug something in to make sure it does start when needed.
Seems just having a good jump kit is the best option but I don't think it's that great for the car to do this often(?).

I've got a 40m cable to run from the balcony for those occasions it does go flat but being a trickle charger, it takes 24 hours.
Removing the battery isn't worth the hassle.

I'd just like to plug something in to make sure it does start when needed.
Seems just having a good jump kit is the best option but I don't think it's that great for the car to do this often(?).
Disconnect the battery pete and therefore the drain should be minimal