ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this look right?

RS172
The bolt in retainer that clips the driveshaft in - driver side

tmp_14171-DSC_0043-1241598779.jpg

tmp_14171-DSC_0044-1558058546.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

Is it supposed to be bent like this?

I've been having problems as some of you may have seen with a new driveshaft, admitidly this was not a genuine shaft so i've ordreed a new one. But when i took this clip off the driveshaft went around a lot better without the banging sound some of you heard in my previous videos as below

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio dci , ren8
if it goes round easer with the clip off you must have the wrong shaft could explain your noise as its putting too much pressure on the diff

RS172
Found my problem!!

Bottom ball joint it hitting the ABS ring. Genuine new shaft fitted - Anyone had this problem before?? Ball joint also seems lose.

RS172
^^^ this is whats happening! I've spent atleast 70 hours working on this side of the sodding car! Going to buy new genuine bottom ball joint and fit the pain in the bum thing!

Shame I hadn't spotted your thread sooner cos I knew exactly what it was when I watched the video lol

I just ground the top of the knuckle off and made it work tbh.

RS172
Seems the ball joint is rather lose too, i can push it down and up if i stick a screw driver in there so probably completely wrong to be honest!

RS172
yeah i'll give it a go. Not too sure if the hub as been over stretched perhaps though. bloomin hope not!

RS172
Abs ring matches what was in there before. The ball joint knuckle is too long compared to the other side and moves around too much too. It's not a 12mm ball joint so buying a better one and giving that a go

Good yours has the correct one, in which yes it'll be the ball joint causing the issue.

Genuine Renault shafts are coming with the incorrect abs ring at the moment. I've had the factory contacted to raise awareness of the issue.

RS172
Ah thats a relief then haha! I'll fit the new ball joint tonight so I'll feedback when it's on :)