ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this sat nav headunit look any good?

yeah its awesome mate, i have one, and cant really fault it.. it comes with a cd which needs replacing every year (updates) but pioneer sends you one free of charge.. here is mine...

DSC00101.gif

happy to answer any questions, just let me know.

Cooper S
Is that the Antenna for it onthe Dash?
If you have a Clio with Heat reflective windscreen you will need to mount t somewhere else.

Cooper S
Saorry, Just another note-I just checked other GPS systems they are selling and seem to be over priced compared with other sites, have a good shop around or use Froogle and put the model number into the search on that :)

Ford Fiesta
why do you NEED to replce the nav disc every year mate, surely every few years works out cheaper?

you dont need to....

you can update it whenever you want! its up to you when you want the new maps.

its still gonna work 5 years down the line with say this years disk, just will be outta date!

thats a good sat nav headunit, but if you can stretch, then get the alpine N099 navigation, ive got this one and its much better:)

Ford Fiesta
connor said:
you dont need to....

you can update it whenever you want! its up to you when you want the new maps.

its still gonna work 5 years down the line with say this years disk, just will be outta date!

thats a good sat nav headunit, but if you can stretch, then get the alpine N099 navigation, ive got this one and its much better:)

yeah, on my renault one i swapped to a vdo navtech TMC enabled 2004/5 disc. Doesnt have a couple of road on, skipton bypass, or M6 toll but might as well leave it another year or so before i change up. Not cheap discs.

Would really like the european set or maps.

the new discs are just for all the new roads that have been built in the last year, and pioneer send them out for free, so it doesnt cost anything..! but yeah thats my antenna, looks a bit messy along with the road angel, but it works really well.. wanted to put it on the rear parcel shelf, but didnt recieve signal aswell..

justinRT said:
the new discs are just for all the new roads that have been built in the last year, and pioneer send them out for free, so it doesnt cost anything..! but yeah thats my antenna, looks a bit messy along with the road angel, but it works really well.. wanted to put it on the rear parcel shelf, but didnt recieve signal aswell..

Who told you this mate?

pioneer will only supply you a new disk if you bought the navigation unit from a pioneer 'nav station'.

Also ive got 2005/06 disk and theres still some roads that were built a year ago that still aint on it, but they are minor really.

RS 200
dfifty1 said:
can u still control it with the remote on the steering wheel??

NO, for this you will need a third party adapter which i havent bothered with on mine.

Apart from loosing steering wheel control you also lose the track / station information from the little screen where the time and temperature are shown, as seen in my pics.

CLICKY

Despite losing these touches I cannot fault the unit and am glad that I splashed out and got one.

connor said:
Also ive got 2005/06 disk and theres still some roads that were built a year ago that still aint on it, but they are minor really.

This is the disk I got in the summer:

satnavdisk.jpg

Do you know if this is the up to date one when comparing it to your 05/06 one Connor??

Chris

RS 200
racing182 said:
Does it have a removeable facia? scared it would get stolen like my last headunit

Yes it does.

The strip under the screen with all the buttons on pops off, and when the car is turned off the screen folds down and retracts into the unit so it looks like a normal radio.

satnav_foldaway.jpg

Chris

yeah it really is a good head unit, so many audio options, specially if your running subs etc, can individually adjust them from the head unit.. it even displays all your jpegs etc.. i'll admit it is expensive, but its worth it i my opinion

yeah a proper dvd sat nav is deffo worth the money over those portable thingys :)

not to mention you get an awesome headunit to!