ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this sound like a Lambda Sensor failure?

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Hey kids, about a month ago I had the 182 down at K-tec to get a data-logger installed on the GEN90, while it was down there I asked them to check for the causes of some symptoms outlined below. In the end they replaced the lambda sensor and the car ran fine once again. Then after a couple of weeks and a trackday at Brands, they have returned.

Symptoms:
Car very reluctant to start when cold, need a good boot of throttle (nearly 50%) to get it to splutter to life.
Once started it needs constant 5% throttle to keep running otherwise it will die from idle.
Misfire/rough running from idle to about 3k rpm.
Quite a bit of smoke from the exhaust.

Once it's up to temperature it all these issues clear and it runs mint - which makes me think its not coils/injectors/leads/plugs etc.

So what do you guys think? Has the brand new lamda sensor that's less than a month old failed already, possibly caused by the high temps experienced on the trackday? Something else causing the above?

Worth noting that the car is on Jenveys (so no e-throttle) with the above mentioned GEN90. The guys checked over the map and it all looked ok to them.