ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this sound normal ? *vid*

Titanium 182
Could be that simply the oil's cold so isn't lubricating the engine components properly.

Does the 182 have solid lifters? (I haven't looked too much into the engine yet!) If it has, you're going to come to expect that sort of sound.

Doesn't sound like anything too major like bottom end, so I think you can sleep tonight! lol

that was after a short spirited drive so it was deffinetly warm. going to put some 5w40 fully synth in today

Try searching for "Carbon canister/canistor" (sp?) the solenoid on it gives a ticking noise. Think you can just disconnect it??...

BMW M135i
Thats just the injectors, nothing to worry about. My old 172 used to sound like that all the time, it had the clickyiest injectors in the world.

PH1 172 Sport
Sounds just like every cliosport ive ever heard! Just the injectors clicking. I had mine in the garage several times when I first got it to find out what the noise was and was told its normal.

clio 182
mine doesnt do it... i dont think, does sound shitty sometimes though on tick over, not always.

M235i / 172
Thats just the injectors, nothing to worry about. My old 172 used to sound like that all the time, it had the clickyiest injectors in the world.

+1 injectors mate, they're quite noisey on mine tbh, sounds awful when cold