ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Domain/Hosting Provider with IMAP Email

Tesla MP3 2021
As per title really.

Who do you recommend?

Freinds company currently use LCN which is POP3 and now they have multiple offices, it becomes a pain when trying to access emails as the same email account is on more than one PC in various offices.

Cheers

Tesla MP3 2021
Sweet, ok will have a look into it.

So just to clarify, do they provide the hosting aswell?

Website hosting? No. Just email.

All they need to do is point their MX record to the Google apps server then make a DNS record with webmail.theirdomain.com and it will work.

Rav4
I'd also like to recommend google apps, the only down side is that they have changed it to a 10 user limit. The business edition which is paid for, has some extended benefits but google for that.

office365 is worth a look, but the SME package doesn't let you use your own DNS servers, you need to delegate them to MS which some people, including me, don't want to do.

Good luck :)

Tesla MP3 2021
Right ok, thanks.

They are going to try it and see how they get on (Google Apps).

Fiesta ST
I'd also like to recommend google apps, the only down side is that they have changed it to a 10 user limit. The business edition which is paid for, has some extended benefits but google for that.

office365 is worth a look, but the SME package doesn't let you use your own DNS servers, you need to delegate them to MS which some people, including me, don't want to do.

Good luck :)

I'm currently running Office 365 E3 I still control my DNS server? I just re-pointed the records? however not sure how I can set up the SRV records for Lync with Fasthosts.

Rav4
I'm currently running Office 365 E3 I still control my DNS server? I just re-pointed the records? however not sure how I can set up the SRV records for Lync with Fasthosts.

On the enterprise level it's not a problem, you can do what you want, how you want.

It's on the small business P1 package, where you have to fully delegate your domain to Microsoft. (pain in the ass)

As for the SRV records, depends where your DNS records are kept i.e some people don't use their domain registrars for DNS (this might be you)

Lync server is cool :)

Back to topic - Google Apps is where it's at, let us know how you get on with it.

G.

Fiesta ST
Ahh right gotcha - not looked at the P1 bit of a pain in the arse then!

Yeah Lync is pretty cool, especially with PBX breakout ;)

Rav4
Ahh right gotcha - not looked at the P1 bit of a pain in the arse then!

Yeah Lync is pretty cool, especially with PBX breakout ;)

As you know, where I work somewhat a pain, as I cannot play around with a lot of things, tight as anything :(

E36 328
Bit random, but FYI, I've had nothing but trouble with fasthosts.

Oh and a +1 from me for google apps

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Google Apps.

We set up an account a couple of years back, but I was unable to transfer our existing mail into it (~20GB) due to IMAP problems (and lots of nested imap folders) with our existing server. Our email server started flaking out big style a couple of months back, so that forced me to go back and try to get the existing mail across.

I eventually managed to get all the existing email across by exporting the mail in .mbox format via Apple mail and then writing a bunch of python scripts to upload each email to google mail, took about 3 or 4 days to get all old email across.

As a bonus because the account was created a couple of years ago, it had the old 50 account limit on it.