ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

domain transfer, help needed?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I have a domain name: www.tradexltd.co.uk

I want to change the hosting to a different company. I beleive it is currently hosted with www.123-reg.co.uk .

This was set-up by a company who sorted out our entire IT system with the possibility of doing a website at a later date. The hosting for the domain name and email was free for the first year.

Due to a number of reasons i want to move this domain name and email to another host. However, i can't obviously log on to 123reg as the company who did the computers obviously did all that.

Can anyone advise me on the best way to get this transffered as i don't have the first clue really what i am talking about.

I think i have to ring up the company who did all the computers who sorted the domain name and tell them who i want to transfer it to, then i have to get a 6 digit number? can anyone give me some advice please!

Rav4
Register with the new company.

Ask them to transfer the domain to them.

They will do most of the work.

All you need to do is change the TAG from 123-reg to your new company.

(the TAG is the identifier ,it demonstrates which domain registrar the domain belongs to)

Ok, just looking at the records, they have not done this correctly.

If you need further help, PM and I will sort this out with you.

Thanks,

G.

Formally Clio 182
Thing is if a company done it for you, they would have their own details registered to the domain.

You also need to let the company who sorted out our entire IT system know that you are doing this so they can authorise it as they will receive an email to confirm it.