ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dom's Mk3 non sport.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
So i've been on here since I got my clio in Sep 2014 but never actually got round to showing you guys my car and keeping a project thread.

It was passed on to me by my parents for my 21st birthday. My dad maintained the car very well so it was in perfect condition with great bodywork/paint and mechanically sound. As with anyones first car, i had to modify it at least a bit. I wanted to keep it clean but a bit more sporty. I'll try and list the things i've done to it over the last couple of years.

First thing on the cards was a wheel refurb so I decided to go with black. And obviously the obligatory CS Hekos and Silvervisions.

CLIO26.jpg
CLIO27.jpg
CLIO28.jpg
CLIO1.jpg

CLIO5.jpg
CLIO4.jpg

Next up was Plastidipping the badges. Also decided to do the lower part of the front bumper too as i wasn't a fan of the silver.

CLIO25.jpg
CLIO24.jpg

Came out very well.

CLIO19.jpg
CLIO18.jpg

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
The car developed a very annoying knocking noise from the front wheels so had a look around the front suspension. Might swell give it a good clean while you can.

CLIO14.jpg
CLIO16.jpg

Turns out the knock was knackered front shocks. So obviously man maths kicked in and i decided a set of AP Coilovers would be the perfect way to sort the 4x4 stance. Also fitted some H&R 20mm Spacers on the rear.

CLIO13.jpg
CLIO12.jpg

How it sat after they were fitted. It has since been lowered more.

CLIO11.jpg
CLIO9.jpg
CLIO7.jpg
CLIO8.jpg
CLIO10.jpg

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I then fitted an induction kit for a little bit of noise.

CLIO2.jpg
CLIO3.jpg

And that's basically where it is at now. Not really many plans for it as I intend to swap it for something quick when circumstances allow. Here's some more pics just to whore it out a bit.

CLIO23.jpg
CLIO21.jpg
CLIO22.png

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Thinking of getting a plain black sunstrip ready for winter..

Reckon it would suit it?