ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dont know what to do?..... Remap

BMW M3
Hi there,

I know this topic has been covered many times but i'm stuck as to what to do next. I'll try to keep it brief.......

I was originally getting a Dastek Unichip but its not compatible with the car yet so will have to wait. Many take several months or weeks (dont know).

So then i thought go for SMT6 etc... but struggle to get that done near me (edinburgh) and its pretty expensive.

Then i thought: " do I need a piggyback as i prob wont mod further"

I then decided to contact Wayne at Chipwizards and wants £470 for a remap even though I'm a member on here !! Although i know he is very good.

Also spoke to PMurray, and although he seems very good, I wouldnt know if its any good as there would be no RR setup, just load and go.

The problem is though that I think I should be running lean (ITG panel filter, janspeed backbox and inlet manifold match).... but it gives signs of running rich (popping exhaust, less mpg, and sooted exhaust tips) so i dont know whether its over corrected the fuel/air ratio or there is some weird stuff going on. Basically i want a custom remap quick... and i'm driving through France at the end of the month so want i running tip top and in the mood for va va voom.

Also, i dont want a plug and play off the shelf chip "superchips". I would ideally like a custom remap on the rolling roads etc.. to be set up to my specific engine.

What do i do?

Thanks Guys

The fact your a member on here wont get you a discount at chipwizards lol.
the discount is for willyclio only atm...as i negotiated it with him.
His set up is fantastic, he is well travelled, worked for btcc dtm teams etc..his cv is awesome. He really has a reputation for race car tuning and has told me in no uncertain terms. he will not turn his business in to a boy racer tuning depot. It is a bespoke setup.. when i went last time here were porsche racers in the yard, however ive seen elise racers, ferrari's etc.
The pricing is what you pay for his setup and expertise.

BMW M3
I didnt use my membership as leverage as i know he has bigger fish to deal with and is not particually interested in clios lol.... i only mentioned it to say where i got his details from and thought as ive heard people on here getting them for £350, i was a bit surprised at £470. Anway, i would be prepared to pay for a top job and i'm sure he is the dogs. But, as he has more pressing clients, getting this done by the end of the month will be very difficult and he prob only reserves places for the motorsport/racing people.

He is not the easiest person to get hold off either. lol

But for £470, its more expensive then my Dastek unichip

V6 Exige, GTR R35
if youre looking for someone local mate try http://www.falkland.co.uk/

i was in there last week on the dyno - guys spot on and fiull of advice. theyre in glenrothes.

think theyre also the scottish superchips dealer.

if you need any info drop me a pm.
cheers!

^^no off the shelf chip will be ever as good as a mapped one.. every engine is different.. its weird to be honest.. some proche engines differ by up to 30 bhp! and thats the same stock engine...
a map is certainly the way to go post your results up if u get it done :)

BMW M3
Yeah... i would like to go down to Andy but its a bit of a drive. And Dastek are right on my doorstep.

Also, arent the SMTs alot more expensive then Unichip and there pretty much both the same.

As i have said, i am really after a Custom remap to the engine and not an off the shelf chip. Ive had a superchip before.

my re-map done by Wayne and its perfect, the curve is perfect, the power delivery is perfect. £470??? mine was £315+vat

I'd go to Chipwizards every time no insult to GDI or the SMT or other tuners but his work does speak for itself plus I don't like other bits on the engine nothing wrong just not my preference.
The other one would be Hill power/Nick Hill as they know there engine and can now remap the stock ECU I think.

ICE'dberg MK2 172
Superchips can modify the standard map they put on. Had mine superchipped and had 2 more files uploaded to allow for the mods I have. It was all done on a rolling road too.

went from 150bhp (due to Viper!!) then 176bhp and finally 180bhp.

All cost £380 including rolling road set up... 4 runs!!! done at Power Engineering, Uxbridge.