ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

don't know what to do with the Clio.

ibiza cupra
have been thinking about selling the 172 for a while now to upgrade but as my circumstances have changed, that idea will have to take a back seat.

i was also thinking that i could do an itb convesion or something on it but if i were to save that money and put it with the money i would get for selling my car then i could possibly get a better faster car for the same amount of money.
so im now thinking just get a remap to cure my hunger for more grunt untill i come to sell up but am i just waisting money in doing that?

another thing that has made me want to sell it is how much my mate whooped my ass in his type R when we went out for a drive.
i knew they were faster but not that much faster lol. he tore me a new one. maybe i should go for a civic next lol.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Follow what most do, SC is and after a few months ul sell it. Ul have killed 2 birds with one stone then, more grunt and sell the car :rasp:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Dont bother with ITB's unless you have the money to waste or are happy to remove it all to sell when you sell to car to get most of your money back. The RS2 inlet however is maybe worth considering as its roughtly 1k cheaper and is easier to remove when you come to sell if you wish to do so.

Not sure how you got raped by a TypeR tbh, ul :)

ibiza cupra
Sell it and buy something bigger.

Its what ill be doing :)
yeah was thinking about a megane225 my them dreams were shattered when he had a play with one of those in his civic and won. :(
not sure i want another renault now. want to try somthing else i think but it wont be for a while yet.

ibiza cupra
Dont bother with ITB's unless you have the money to waste or are happy to remove it all to sell when you sell to car to get most of your money back. The RS2 inlet however is maybe worth considering as its roughtly 1k cheaper and is easier to remove when you come to sell if you wish to do so.

Not sure how you got raped by a TypeR tbh, ul :)
we were both doing quite close to top end so i think thats why lol. i was doing "some" mph and he passed me like i was parked up.

BMW M135I
Tbf, it shouldnt have been that easy against you, my mate has got one and i can keep up with him steadily but he slightly gets away, both are standard engine wise but braking and cornering is where the clio catches up and ill be back on his bumper wanting to get by until high speeds again.

Fiesta ST-3
Being nailed by another car is part and parsel of life sir. Im sure that TypeR owner gets pwned by other cars. Its the way it is. Id go for a JMS inlet but if im totally honest just save up and get somthing faster :D

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Being nailed by another car is part and parsel of life sir. Im sure that TypeR owner gets pwned by other cars. Its the way it is. Id go for a JMS inlet but if im totally honest just save up and get somthing faster :D

Exactly. Its when you start thinking like that, that you start chasing BHP, and you'll end up spending more than you wanted, just to be 1 mph faster. Spend a bit of dosh on it, good suspension and brakes, get the slignment done and go and have some fun. No good being able to go faster in a straight line if you have to slow right down for the first corner you meet because the suspensions no cop, but cant because you've awful brakes.

clio sport
sell it on here, someone will buy it. put a classified ad out or something. Just contact the moderators to make sure the content is ok first

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
There's something a miss if you got done by that Civic. Either his is modded, or your's is poorly. I pulled a few lengths on a standard Type R the other week (up to 100 berries). Stopped for a chat after, he was giving it his all.