ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dont skimp on pads

Burgandy 174 sport t
OK ok!!

I had to as in none left change my pads the other night. so off to the local motor parts place and I purchased one set of there cheapest pads just to get me to footy and last till I get decent ones.

U totally get what u pay for, I have just been out a wee run and after 15 minutes infact 10 minutes the brakes were no more.

They are still ferrodo but not a patch on there brother the Ds2500.

they smell quite nice when U have wasted them although I should maybe run them in a bit longer to se if they get any better.

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
Sounds like you haven't bedded them in properly to me I'm afraid. New pads need to be warmed up gently, allowed to cool, then warmed up a bit more, repeat a few times. If you don't do this you don't cure the resins in the pad material and they can't deal with the heat generated by high speed applications.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like you haven't bedded them in properly to me I'm afraid. New pads need to be warmed up gently, allowed to cool, then warmed up a bit more, repeat a few times. If you don't do this you don't cure the resins in the pad material and they can't deal with the heat generated by high speed applications.

ditto

Depend on the pad type.

I bet I know which pad type they are though forget them they don't get better with bedding in etc.

Breaking A 172 Replica
I bought some Ferrodo Premiers from Halfords and I think they are really good.

Seem to be much better than stock.

Only thing is they fecking stink! But I think that is more due to the last lot being worn down to the metal so the disc is now grooved ;)

Sam

Audi TT 225
Drives me nuts when peoples skimp in area's like tyres & brakes. They're two areas you dont wanna go cheep!
The way I see it... it might save your life one day!
I've had a few lairy braking situations due to other road users being donk's and thank god I lashed cash on uprated stoppers :D

Burgandy 174 sport t
Dont worry Rich DS2500's on order, Like I said I had none left and have some nice discs I didnt wanna ruin.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i work in a auto factors, some guy the other day brought a set of "budget" front pads for his s14a 200 sx :eek: muppet

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
On my last pair of cheap pads, the friction pad ripped from the backing plate on one pad/one side, didnt really know a massive difference til it started grinding big style! god knows how long i was running '3' pads

Last edited:
  RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
I spoke to the guy who runs Porsche-Apart the other week, he told me someone had bought a second hand set of pads for a 996 from him the day before - unbelievable.

Tangoed Works
must be pricey for porsche pads, prob some guy who over financed himself on payments and insurance and could afford running costs.