ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Donuts !

J

JEFF4507

I heard from someone a while back that doing donuts (in a FWD car in reverse) can knock the tracking out of line.

That true ?

BMW M3
lol.... not too sure mate.

I used to buy cheap old cars and rally them round my uncle's estate doing all sorts but never really noticed a problem with the tracking...usually lack of oil, engine failure and blowouts were more off an issue. lol

J

JEFF4507

Haha that's quality. Will try that for sure, my handbrake atm doesn't really work, so I think I'll wait for the Clio.

I assume you can get out of the space using the same technique :cool:

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Ha ha, used to do these in my old fiesta, never had any problems with tracking, but only ever did them on ice or snow...

BMW M3
I used to throw on old XR2 into reverse on private road, get to about 35mph (bit too fast, i know lol) and spin the car round while changing into 2nd and driving off.....like in films. Was so much fun!!!

I also tried to roll it on purpose and its more difficult then you might have though lol....

Clio Mk2 DCI 68
Justin182 said:
I used to throw on old XR2 into reverse on private road, get to about 35mph (bit too fast, i know lol) and spin the car round while changing into 2nd and driving off.....like in films. Was so much fun!!!

I also tried to roll it on purpose and its more difficult then you might have though lol....
I did a reverse spin turn thing (is it a J turn?) in my old xr2 and the leading wheel caught on a drain and pulled most of the tca arm mount away from the shell. Bit of angle iron and a mig sorted it though!! As for tracking just ask yourself why would it change? Answer is of course it won't unless you are a fool like i was above and bend something.

J

JEFF4507

lol fair play. It didn't affect my fiesta, think my record was 4 full revolutions, was quite a bit of smoke :eek: tyres of course.

All good fun.