ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

door badges

Clio 1.2 Authentique
Why would anyone want to buy 2.0 badges if they don't drive a 2.0? Would only give the 2.0 guys a bad name.

Clio 1.4 16v
well its not that i want it to look like a 2.0, i think they look really nice in silver, thats all!

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
not another stupid thread about who can and cant put 2.0litre badges on their car! if you actually have a clue about cars you'd know it wasn't one. jeez. get over it. you have a real one they dont. now go read some comic books!

Golf R
not another stupid thread about who can and cant put 2.0litre badges on their car! if you actually have a clue about cars you'd know it wasn't one. jeez. get over it. you have a real one they dont. now go read some comic books!

:sleepy: it's a forum where you can express an opinion. i've expressed mine ;)

Clio 1.4 16v
i just want them silver! doesnt matter what they say on em

dear me theres some angry people on this site
smiley36.gif

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
:D just heard a million of these conversations.

How can you make a replica if people don't want you sticking 2.0litre badges on? you can by all means but the interior of a 172 in it or front and rear bumbers but a sport badge or a 2.0litre badge nonono!

<rant/>

Golf R
:D just heard a million of these conversations.

How can you make a replica if people don't want you sticking 2.0litre badges on? you can by all means but the interior of a 172 in it or front and rear bumbers but a sport badge or a 2.0litre badge nonono!

<rant/>

if someone takes the effort to make theirs look like a 172/182 by colour coding it, changing the wheels, interior etc then i say fair play, do it. there are some good cars on here which are lookalikes and i've got a lot of time for them :approve:

but if all you have is a standard looking car without any engine work then i wouldn't bother.

Clio 1.4 16v
lol, alright alright! lol

am i allowed to spray mine silver, which by the way are 1.2 badges not the 1.4 16v ones. is that allowed?
smiley36.gif

Golf R
lol, alright alright! lol

am i allowed to spray mine silver, which by the way are 1.2 badges not the 1.4 16v ones. is that allowed?
smiley36.gif

ha ha, i think you've got caught up in the middle of our opinions lol

it's your car, you can do as you please with it ;) personally the silver badges are a nice touch, so you have a 1.4 sleeper then if 1.2 badges are fitted ;)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Reading this subject, AGAIN, reminds me of something from my youth.

When the Mini Cooper "S" first came out in the 1960s, one of the things that gave away the morons that fitted "S" badges on their bootlids and bonnets, was the fact the steel wheels on a real "S" were perforated with a series of cooling holes.

A "tuning" firm at the time, (it might have been Paddy Hopkirk, I cant remember) sold a set of black stick on patches to go on the standard wheels to make them look like Cooper "S".

How sad was that :S

car? need a license 1st!
So its not ok for someone with a 1.2 to put 2.0 badges on..

but it's fine for 2.0 owners to put 1.2 badges on??

Surely the rule should work both ways! :p

^
not really tbh, the 2.0 boys do it to p*ss of the lower engined cars:evil: (most boy racers don't have a clue about cars)

The other way round is simply a no no - reason being that any boy racer who tries it on (and they will !) would say 'i beat a 2.0 clio' they are well slow, thus giving 2.0 clio owners a bad name.

VWsaxon- do what you feel is best as it's your car, but even if you spray them silver they will look like 2.0 badges (unless some one looks closely at them)

Personally I wouldn't put 2.0 badges on it, I see loads of badged up cars about (some are proper shocking) I just laugh at them tbh.

Last edited:
  car? need a license 1st!
^
not really tbh, the 2.0 boys do it to p*ss of the lower engined cars:evil: (most boy racers don't have a clue about cars)

The other way round is simply a no no - reason being that any boy racer who tries it on (and they will !) would say 'i beat a 2.0 clio' they are well slow, thus giving 2.0 clio owners a bad name.

VWsaxon- do what you feel is best as it's your car, but even if you spray them silver they will look like 2.0 badges (unless some one looks closely at them)

Personally I wouldn't put 2.0 badges on it, I see loads of badged up cars about (some are proper shocking) I just laugh at them tbh.

Then they'll come across a proper 2 leeter and get left in a cloud of dust. Just cos some little chav decided he wanted to try and be a 2.0, might give 2.0s a bad name, but if you've got a 2.0 u wouldn't care anyway? Cos u know you've got a 2.0 !!!!

I think it gives the wrong impression if you put 2.0ltr badges on a non 2.0ltr like a 1.2 such as mine.

It just looks like your ashamed/ embarrased about your cars engine that you have to lie about it with false badging. Thats why i will never put false badges on mine. Someone near me has put renault, sport badges on back and door badges, yet clearly anyone can see it aint a 2.0 by the bumpers, interior, rear drum brakes, rev counter only going to 7000 max etc.

I just think to myself, are they just doing that to attract the women, impress the chavs etc??

Last edited:
  RB 197 fatty
i sprayed my 1.2 16v ones silver just to colour code them. when i bought my car it was all silver apart from the tacky black badges. i didnt do it coz i want to 'fool' people. samewith my exhaust and wheels. tey are the two main things i love about the 182, that why i did it,coz i cant afford the real thing. dont want people to think its a 2.0!

and im not ashamed of my 1.2 engine either, they may speed past me on the motorway, but i would like to see them get 48mpg!

Pros and cons, swings and roundabouts, each to their own!

......who cares!!!!

exactly, i love my 1.2, its sooo cheap to run on fuel and insure oh and tax also. In my opinion the 1.2 16v is easily quick enough considering how many cameras and how much traffic there is around.

My car took me for the ride of my life yesterday, I love it.

Sometimes i could do with a bit more power to help with overtaking.

I love the way youve done your clio, with the exhaust etc it looks good. At least it hasnt got only badges on it.

Clio 1.4 16v
i sprayed my 1.2 16v ones silver just to colour code them. when i bought my car it was all silver apart from the tacky black badges. i didnt do it coz i want to 'fool' people. samewith my exhaust and wheels. tey are the two main things i love about the 182, that why i did it,coz i cant afford the real thing. dont want people to think its a 2.0!

and im not ashamed of my 1.2 engine either, they may speed past me on the motorway, but i would like to see them get 48mpg!

......who cares!!!!

EXACTLY, im not trying to make it look like a 2.0, which all of you keep mentioning!!

it just looks nice in silver! dear me guys, :headno:

I know how you mean. I did exactly the same (painted them silver) when my car was orange to go with the silver painted brakes etc, not to falsely badge it.

However people at work etc, told me that to them it looked like i was trying to fool people, and like i was ashamed about my car, which isn't true.

Thats why i put up the earlier post about the perception it gives other people becuase people have told me. After that i decided to paint them the same as the car.

It just aint worth the amount of rip you get from other people for doing it, even though you do it for your reasons, other people just dont understand.

ZT 1.8T

......who cares!!!!

I reckon if you got the front and back bumper inserts smoothed into the bumper it would look really nice, someone did it with their black clio (jst the front bumper), sorry who ever car it is i cant remember ya name! :rasp:

Clio 1.4 16v
i only put a thread up the other day with my plans. not that i want to fool anyone, but this is what i want it to look like!

P3260014copy.jpg

if people think im trying to make it look more powerful with a badge, wel lthats just gay. i just think it looks nice, dear o deary me!

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
they make it look nicer i agree. the silver finish on the badges on the 2.0litres are a hard colour to achieve. people mention them being iceberg silver but they aint!

RB 197 fatty
ha ha! no they definatly arent iceberg silver, thats the colour of my car! aren they a chrome finish the real ones?

you know what now ive thought about it, i completely change my opinion on this...... Ive decided, who cares what badges people put on the car, its a pretty petty thing to worry about and have big debates about.

If you want to put 2.0ltr badges on it for what ever reason then do it and who cares what people think.:rolleyes:

I just wouldn't do it myself.