ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

door barrel spinning

1.6 16v
im so fotunate to have yet another problem with my little clio
so today i get my tyre changed, drive home and go to lock the car, and since my central locking doesnt work i have to use the key, and as i do the barrel just spins with the key, though it can only turn 90 degrees left or right, yay:(

so in the end i take off the door card to see what goin on, but i cant really make sense of it all, i tried to remove the the locking system by removing the three securing bolts on the side of the car but i cant remove due to something holding it

It happened before when my brother owned the car, but he had a friend who somehow fixed it in 2 mins without even taking the door card off (and no tools just the key) unfortunately my brother cant remember how he did this, so if anyone knows how to fix this problem i would really appreciate it

1.6 16v
just sorted the problem out, took the door scar off, the whole locking system out, the barrel out, and once i had that out, i couldn't figure out the problem, except for the fact that the thing was arm to open the lock was rotating as much as it should, then as all hope was lost, i went to pull the key out and accidentally turned it, this then reset the thing, and it worked fine
so the problem must have just been i hadn't put the key in fully :S
but now its sorted, and i have learnt some more about the clio locking system