ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door Cards

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I will be buying some 10" mid-basses to put into my door cards soon, so i need to buy some more so i can butcher my old ones. Where could i buy some from or has anyone got any for sale. Its a Authentic and its a 02 plate, cheers

After searching for most of the day i have finally got hold of some.

What size speakers do you lot have in your doors. Have any of you put silly sized speakers in your doors?

172 coming soon
Picture012.gif

Since that picture, the fibreglass has been fixed, and the trim panel has been done in Blue Leather to match the rest of the interior.

They are Polk-Momo Components mounted in the door, running Diamond M3 Woofers, with the Tweeters up on the dash :D

BMW 330D
slow_assed_clio said:
Picture012.gif

Since that picture, the fibreglass has been fixed, and the trim panel has been done in Blue Leather to match the rest of the interior.

They are Polk-Momo Components mounted in the door, running Diamond M3 Woofers, with the Tweeters up on the dash :D
sorry to hijack the thread but u got sum pics of ur interior mate. sounds real nice!

Clio mk1 1.2
heres my doorcards in progress

Brought the speakers below and decided they would look better in a pod so decided to fibreglass doorcard rather then just screw the speakers in

VIBE-SEK60-COMPONENTS_tw200_th200.jpg

Standard

croppeddoorcard-1.gif

Stripped

IMAGE_00008.gif

Fleeced and resined up lol

IMAGE_00010.gif

temp fitted to car to check for fitment (sneak pic of 1.4 dash there aswell)

Interior-1.gif

just got to add some fibreglass mat to it to strengthen it then sand that back a litte and lay filler get it smothed then its gettin covered in white leather lol

172 coming soon
Suzuki seats... And yes, they were a first class ba5tard to fit... lol..

Had to make new holes, tap them, and then bolt them down.. Mr MOT Man wasnt too happy, but they still do the job :D

Clio mk1 1.2
why didnt mot like it then, what suzuki they out of then did u buy em from ebay i like the look of them

172 coming soon
The front seats are from a Swift, and they were re-trimmed by Carisma, along with the rear bench, which is from a 2003 model Clio..

The cards were done using Isopon and plenty of sand paper, MDF rings mae to place the speakers, holes cut to mount the Crossovers, then sprayed to match the car...

So hasn't anyone here fitted bigger speakers than 5"s on here because the one in slow assed clio look like 5"s

And chadhele i wouldn't have done it like that. That is goona take a fvck load of filling and sanding

muz

big fat japanese bus
mine are 6.5s For a 10 you would need a lot more room at the back imo

c9351078.jpg

was in process of retrimming door cards but never actually got round to it! Its all coming out though now to go into the MR2 (when the celica goes :) )

muz said:
mine are 6.5s For a 10 you would need a lot more room at the back imo

They will be playing into the door card. There will be enough room in them. Depending on how deep they are i might have to attack the metal behind

Just got them door cards, took a bit of searching but i got eventully. £47 not bad i suppose

Clio mk1 1.2
XXXChromeClioXXX said:
So hasn't anyone here fitted bigger speakers than 5"s on here because the one in slow assed clio look like 5"s

And chadhele i wouldn't have done it like that. That is goona take a fvck load of filling and sanding

what way would you of done it then

I'm in the process of building two 6.5" woofers into my show project car, you could fit anything there in moderation, however i think a 10" coaxial speaker from vibe, is possibly one of the worst pathways to go down, i would have gone for a good quality 6.5" component setup. Much easier fitment.
On a side note, loving the detailing on the sprayed dash with smooth lines.

chadhele said:
what way would you of done it then

I would have just done it roud where the speaker fits and then blended it in with the door card

cswclio said:
I'm in the process of building two 6.5" woofers into my show project car, you could fit anything there in moderation, however i think a 10" coaxial speaker from vibe, is possibly one of the worst pathways to go down, i would have gone for a good quality 6.5" component setup. Much easier fitment.
On a side note, loving the detailing on the sprayed dash with smooth lines.

10"Coxial?

Im not using a 10" coxial. Im using a 10" mid with my ID Chameleon tweeters mounted in the dash

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
slow_assed_clio said:
The front seats are from a Swift, and they were re-trimmed by Carisma, along with the rear bench, which is from a 2003 model Clio..

The cards were done using Isopon and plenty of sand paper, MDF rings mae to place the speakers, holes cut to mount the Crossovers, then sprayed to match the car...

how much did carisma charge? Any mods on the outside of your car?