ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door locks/ central locking on a race car

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Hi guys. A bit of a weird one here. How do people lock their race cars?
Not looking for an obvious answer like “standard central locking” etc.
I mean on dedicated track/race cars with removed UCH, central locking etc.
I have no UCH left. So no central locking or alarm. But think it would be wise to be able to lock the car up when it’s in the paddock. Or if the car (like in my case) road legal when you at petrol station etc.
I have fibreglass doors, so I swapped my door handles from old doors, but only passenger has barrel to lock with a key. I would have though that would be the easiest solution. Just have a key that I can lock both doors.
Or to use some aftermarket actuator type alarm lock of sorts? Or source a pair of barrels from eBay?

Was just putting doorskins on and before riveting them on thought to myself... hold on, how you gonna lock it if I ever need to?

1a6d8b00f3d4763b84f9054133d3ca57.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Merc ML55
I'm lucky that mine has key locks on both sides from factory, so I just lock it using the key. Do both fibreglass doors have the recess moulded in for the lock barrel? If so I'd buy a pair off eBay and do it that way, probably easier than anything else

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
I'm lucky that mine has key locks on both sides from factory, so I just lock it using the key. Do both fibreglass doors have the recess moulded in for the lock barrel? If so I'd buy a pair off eBay and do it that way, probably easier than anything else

Yeah that’s what I did. Went with a path of least resistance :) full update is in my tread if interested [emoji106]

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Yeah that’s what I did. Went with a path of least resistance :) full update is in my tread if interested
emoji106.png

Just had a quick scan now, until I get the time to have a proper read ? out of interest what did you have to do with regard to hinges on the fibreglass doors? I'd it a case of cutting then off your old doors and re using or can you purchase replacements?