ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dowsett Classic Cars Morning

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Dowsett Classic Cars are holding a Cars & Coffee/open day on the 5th of Feb.

10-2pm Colliers End SG11 1EF

As some of you may know this is @Jekyll work place,so would be cool and nice to show some support and also chance to meet up again.

Company website

Here are a few photos from the last meet.

Hope to see you there,thanks.

IMG-20220119-WA0015.jpgIMG-20220119-WA0014.jpgIMG-20220119-WA0013.jpgIMG-20220119-WA0012.jpgIMG-20220119-WA0011.jpgIMG-20220119-WA0010.jpgIMG-20220119-WA0007.jpgIMG-20220119-WA0008.jpgIMG-20220119-WA0006.jpgIMG-20220119-WA0005.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys.

Yes it's just a little something that my firm is hosting. They did the first one 2 years ago and it was a decent turnout so they've decided to do another. Obviously, covid hasn't helped otherwise we would have had another sooner.

I can't comment in what will be there artwork wise, but there should be at least a dodge viper, mk1 golf, R5 GGT halfway though resto, a Alfa single seater recreation of old f1 car, amongst other things. And Obviously those who turn up, which looks to be a decent set of numbers so far. There trying to looking into a burger van also. I'll try and keep you updated if anything is added.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone coming from the Dunmow/Braintree/chelmsford way that would like to join us for a drive there together?.

Meeting at the rest stop on the A120 by dunmow for 0850.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Apologies. I can’t make this now. The wife’s out all day now. Raging.
Hope the weathers decent and another one happens this summer.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The interest on this has been pretty good so we're expecting quite a few cars.

There's hot coffee and tea at the ready, cake is there too and also fruit squash for the kids if you wish to bring those. Burger van means hot food is there also. Not sore if its card or cash for this.

Does ti the high intrest of numbers, parking is a first come, first serve basis. Myself and another colleague will be doing the parking marshaling the best we can. I'll have a look around/chat but will concentrate on getting cars parked first of all.

There is a toilet on site and a disabled one in the workshop. If you need any help, just let me know. Hopefully see you all there tomorrow.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks so much for all that turned up today. We expected the numbers to be high die to the intrest, but didn't expect it ti be that big!! We wasn't prepared on the parking side, so had to make quick decisions. Sorry I didn't get to speak to anyone today, but hope it was all good for everyone that came.

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
Thanks so much for all that turned up today. We expected the numbers to be high die to the intrest, but didn't expect it ti be that big!! We wasn't prepared on the parking side, so had to make quick decisions. Sorry I didn't get to speak to anyone today, but hope it was all good for everyone that came.
Was a very good meet some seriously cool cars, sorry for not recognising you to begin with I blame the 3 hours of sleep I had last night haha!
You guys done great with the parking orgsnisation. Roll on the next one

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Did anybody get any pictures? If so can you post them in here.

And if so, can we use them for next time when we do another meet? I didn't take any apart from the 993 gt2 that was leaving.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The amount raised for British Heart Foundation was £342.28 and for Cancer Research UK £379.78 making the total of money raised for both charities being £722.06. A massive thank you to everyone who donated!!

Here's a little video that someone took on the day. Managed to get on the opening scene too 🤣

After the success of this one, they've definitely decided that another is one happening. Either myself or Steve @MrBlonde will keep you updated.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The amount raised for British Heart Foundation was £342.28 and for Cancer Research UK £379.78 making the total of money raised for both charities being £722.06. A massive thank you to everyone who donated!!

Here's a little video that someone took on the day. Managed to get on the opening scene too 🤣

After the success of this one, they've definitely decided that another is one happening. Either myself or Steve @MrBlonde will keep you updated.

Brilliant - super stuff.

Not sure how feasible it is, but what about a £5 'car entry' - all going to charity ? I'd have happily bought a ticket for / paid on the gate - reckon you'd get £1k off that straight off the bat without trying...

It was a great event even if I did have to park in the mud :) quick jetwash sorted that.

Highlight for me was @CFAB's immaculate Titanium 182. Clio goals.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@plenty was you in a Peugeot? Someone called me by my name, but I didn't recognise the face. Saying that, it was a all a bit if a blur for a while!

Spoke to the farmer and he's sorting out alternative parking spaces for next time. The ground was dry all week, but typically it rained/snowed on Friday morning and hadn't fully dried up by Saturday morning.

@plenty was you in a Peugeot? Someone called me by my name, but I didn't recognise the face. Saying that, it was a all a bit if a blur for a while!

Spoke to the farmer and he's sorting out alternative parking spaces for next time. The ground was dry all week, but typically it rained/snowed on Friday morning and hadn't fully dried up by Saturday morning.
Not me no. Was that you single-handledly directing all of the inbound traffic? If so respect, that must have been hard work.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
No I started at the top near the mast/workshop but then I quickly moved down the lane and stayed at the gate. We had 2 more, one at the flying moose, directing stop/go traffic, and one near the showroom/green.