ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dreaded Misfire!!!

Clio 172 ph1
So the problem started after I removed and refitted my injectors and top inlet. Took the car out and was fine for 10 minutes, then developed a bad misfire. This is mainly when warm and under load.

On investigating I pulled the lead off the injectors, pulling the leads off one injector made no difference while the others made it run worse. So I fitted a new injector, but hasn't helped.

So now I am thinking leads, coil or plug. But am I right in focusing just in this cylinder due to the above?

Clio 172 ph1
Injectors are reading around 16ohms, where the old one was 14ohms.

No codes, but still running bad. Thinking leads or something now

182 clio
Pull the plugs and give them a clean.
When rebuilding ensure HT leads are are fully seated on plugs and be careful not to trap HT leads with top manifold

Clio 172 ph1
Couldn't see anything visually wrong with the plugs or leads. Got new one which seems to have resolved it 🤞

Clio 172 ph1
New injector, leads and plugs in the end. Annoying as its happened in some way to all 3 clios I've owned.

If I ever own a 4th I think I will budget to change the injectors straight after I buy it!!