ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drift video i made

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
[video=vimeo;64081830]http://vimeo.com/64081830[/video]

http://vimeo.com/64081830

Car Loan 4 U drift team @ British Drift Championship round 1 - lydden Hill

just a little video i made this weekend, not really tried anything like that before so I'm quite chuffed. kit not the best but it worked :D

Last edited:
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Thanks :) haha yeah probably right, unfortunately we had to close the track sat afternoon because of the rain

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Shows a bit of atmosphere to the whole BDC though I guess at same time as bit of action.

​I look forward to seeing them in action at trax.

Clio 182 trophy
dan were you park right up against the fence at the front? cuz there was another black clio with orange badges and that there too.

laura i must admit all the car loan 4u cars looked s**t hot. i want an s14a that looks so fat at the back ;)

dan were you park right up against the fence at the front? cuz there was another black clio with orange badges and that there too.

laura i must admit all the car loan 4u cars looked s**t hot. i want an s14a that looks so fat at the back ;)

I wasnt up at the front no, I was parked near the gents loo's in between two golf's

I did see another black clio that was lowered on some TSW rims (I think) and had lexarse lights

IMG_0208_zpsfff95978.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yup thursday to monday. im dead now. 1st day back in work.

1st year of doing media for fun and not as a job so under no pressure to submit anything, hense having a little play with video. im thinking i diodnt do such a bad job :D

maybe the sponsors will buy me a decent video camera now :D

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
i planned on going, then fell asleep saturday morning and woke up at dinner time!

#EPIC fail!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Theres plenty about, i cant link any from my works PC,

I had a little panic attack, its one thing seeing a car on its roof on the TV but when its a good mate in it, it seems like a life time before they get out.

Cars a mess, smells of cat piss.

Feel sorry for baggsy but also Ian who has spent the last few months building it and now has to do it all again.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I'm not going to lie, its not the best cut of a video, but its not bad for a first attempt at such a thing. Things to work on are things like music timing, removing pointless shots that tells the viewer nothing. En example of timing improvement is at 1.12 - chorus of the music should have hit just as the car start drifting as it add a punch to the event that's happening.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i dont think there are any pointless shots tbh.

Its unlikely ill be making another as i was using borrowed kit, it was great fun tho

Clio RS200
It looks good. Showed the atmosphere up there rather than just the cars. Car shot after car shot can get so boring.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Theres plenty about, i cant link any from my works PC,

I had a little panic attack, its one thing seeing a car on its roof on the TV but when its a good mate in it, it seems like a life time before they get out.

Cars a mess, smells of cat piss.

Feel sorry for baggsy but also Ian who has spent the last few months building it and now has to do it all again.

To be honest the worst bit of the crash is the first impact, the roll over is f**k all.... I'm not sure what he was trying to do, would of been better to hit the first barrier would of caused much less damage... But at the time you automatically think to avoid things lol... Cat piss will be gearbox oil lol! Prob came through the shifter mech :) takes ages to get rid of the smell lol, mate spilt some in a s14 years back and the car stank for years!!!

im waiting for Phil to get the new car finished, shame I don't go to dwhq any more as I wanted a ride lol!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
To be honest the worst bit of the crash is the first impact, the roll over is f**k all.... I'm not sure what he was trying to do, would of been better to hit the first barrier would of caused much less damage... But at the time you automatically think to avoid things lol... Cat piss will be gearbox oil lol! Prob came through the shifter mech :) takes ages to get rid of the smell lol, mate spilt some in a s14 years back and the car stank for years!!!

im waiting for Phil to get the new car finished, shame I don't go to dwhq any more as I wanted a ride lol!

those water barriers he tried to avoid hitting end on... were filled with concrete! tyres are softer than concrete! unfortunately he hit the grass and just sped up!

yeah gearbox oil everywhere, fully grim. if it hadnt have gone over it would have been very easly repairable , now its a reshell and engine rebuild

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I'm not going to lie, its not the best cut of a video, but its not bad for a first attempt at such a thing. Things to work on are things like music timing, removing pointless shots that tells the viewer nothing. En example of timing improvement is at 1.12 - chorus of the music should have hit just as the car start drifting as it add a punch to the event that's happening.

i dont think there are any pointless shots tbh.

Sorry Laura, hope you don't think I was just being mean, I was just trying to give you some helpful pointers if you do get to borrow the equipment again and make another :)

An example of a pointless shot is at 40s - looks like a shot of a garbage bag? there a 2 or three more like this.

Also here what I mean about the music timing (its no exact and the rest of the audio is now out of synch because of it, but give you the idea for future makings)...

Last edited by a moderator:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I assumed the short of the garbage bag was a shot of the drain to show how much water there was TBH.
It also gets across a little bit what a scabby low budget place lydden is, lol

I guess one persons pointless is another persons "setting the scene"

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yup, lots of water, lots of rain, s**t hole... lol

every clip in it has a meaning

ill watch it when i get home, no flash at work :(

What kit did you use?

The slow mo stuff looks a bit juddery - is it software faked or actually recorded at 60/120fps?
The gopro stuff is nice

You could do with a steadi rig for the hand held stuff

Nice editing though and better than some of the "pro" vids I've seen haha