ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drinking coolant

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My cars been drinking coolant like i drink vodka, there is no white sludge in the oil and no smell of oil in the coolant bottle so don't think the head gasket has gone, anywhere i should look first before i spend ages looking for a leak?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
hmmmm lol, thats kinda a good thing and a bad things, means i'll have to change the cambelt right?

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Yeah, it can be done when doing the cambelt as most of the work is already done, so it makes sence.

Lots of Alfas
Also check the bleed screws around the cooling system, I think theres 2 on the 172 they can break/leak.

Lots of Alfas
Actually theres just 1, its on the top passenger side of the engine on the plenum chamber follow the top pipe from the radiator along to the engine and that should lead to it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thanks Dave i'll have a look tomorrow when the "big massive" is high in the sky again.

Fred, how much do you charge for a cambelt +pre tensioners, new water pump and a new gearbox fitted (already got the gear box) Tried pm ing you but your full.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol tell me about it, got the car very cheap though. Emailed....