ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive shaft popped out

Clio
Hi, I have a 2007 Clio 1.2

I was trying to replace the lower suspension arm earlier on and the drive shaft has popped out of the gearbox... Does anyone know how it goes back in? Iv read its supposed to just pop in but I don't fancy hitting it incase I break something.

Clio
Here's a picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 157
  Clio
Update..
iv put it back together, it selects gears ok and moves but the drive shaft still isnt in all the way? do i just need to give it a good hit to pop it back in?

Track 172 Cup
I pulled mine out on my 172 cup when changing the CV boot on the passenger side just turned it and pushed it back in untill it slipped in. I've done 2 hard track days and about 100 road miles since and had no issues, luckily I didn't pull i hard enough to drop the gearbox oil all over my drive lol

Clio
I pulled mine out on my 172 cup when changing the CV boot on the passenger side just turned it and pushed it back in untill it slipped in. I've done 2 hard track days and about 100 road miles since and had no issues, luckily I didn't pull i hard enough to drop the gearbox oil all over my drive lol
Hah thats alright... Mines dropped all its oil when I push the shaft from the outside it just pushes into the gaitor (not sure if you know what I mean) do I just need to grip the metal bit that goes into the gearbox and give it a push?

Track 172 Cup
I'm assuming so. I didn't actually pull mine all the way out. But I'm not sure if there is a clip that's supposed to be on the end of the shaft too hold it there, even though it can't move once the hubs bolted upto it. If you do a search you should get some threads come up on it.

Clio
I'm assuming so. I didn't actually pull mine all the way out. But I'm not sure if there is a clip that's supposed to be on the end of the shaft too hold it there, even though it can't move once the hubs bolted upto it. If you do a search you should get some threads come up on it.
Yeah Iv read a few treads but can't find anything on how you actually get it back in ... Thanks for your help mate