ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive shaft target ring-HELP ME PLEASE

Took my car in today as abs light was on. Apperently diveshaft target ring has mysteriously come off. Renault wont sell one seperate to the entire driveshaft(£150) and it seems a lot to pay for another. Seems a lot when its only a bloody ring i need. Anyone any suggestions or no where i could get one cheaper?

Halfords/ other parts companies.

Your porbably looking at a new shaft but they should only be £50 or so each from other places.

https://secure.gsfcarparts.com/shop/results.asp">https://secure.gsfcarparts.com/shop/results.asp

Cheers Edde. This place doesnt seem to stock the 1.6 16v though. Anyone point me to any others?

Halfords they seem to get hold of realy rare drive shafts and although they dont keep them in stock if there supplier has them then the Halfords has them in stock the next day if not then maybe a weeks wait possibly to have them made up.

Thinking about it though the driveshafts on most new Clios are similar just some are thicker I think.

Give Matt a ring on 01254 386661 hes helped me out in the past on parts hes probably got a 1.6 or something to sort you out.

Im sure you can buy the spiggot ring seperate though. Give another dealership a call or try the parts place and they will be able to help you out.

How come its not covered under warently thoug. Its the first Ive heard of one breaking though.

Yer the guy fixing it was pretty shocked. I mean how does a metal ring break?

I heard it break. I was doing around a tonne on the motorway and it whizzed round the wheel when it came of. Its not under warranty as my cars out of its warranty stage. I managed to get one from mats company. Halfords couldnt get them. I did though have to buy the whole driveshaft. £55 delivered compared to renaults £170-the robbing mofos

i was going to say i wish they had "given" me the shaft but i think this site is already just full of gay jokes