ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driver's Electric Window Fault ('52 Dynamique)

Renault Clio '52 1.2
Hi there,
First-time Clio owner here. The driver's electric window does not go down, and can hear no noises apart from the switch. When you pull the switch up you can hear the 'click' from the main hub (from around the glove box area) which would suggest that you would be able to wind the window up if you could get it down.
My initial thought was the cold snap taking hold and maybe some water is messing with the electrics...anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it? Passenger side works fine.

Would appreciate your comments.

Jonesy

Clio mk2 ph1 "S"
i had a simialr thing on my clio, the whole mechanism was broken, the cable which pulls the window up and down had become tangled, it made the sound u mentioned. take the door card off and see if its the same problem if so u will need a new mechanism (£50 off ebay)