ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers indicator flashes when electric window in use

Clio 1.4 16v Dynamiq
Hi
Could anyone please help?
On a Clio 1.4 16v Dynamique+ when putting the drivers side electric window up the indicator on the drivers side flashes for the duration you have the switch connected. This is pretty dangerous when i'm driving as people may think i'm turning!!

Thanks for taking the time reading this and really hope someone can help

Nick

BMW M135i
Possible/probable UCH problem there, that will not be cheap to sort. If it doesn't do it on the passenger one then i'd gone along those lines.

Clio 1.4 16v Dynamiq
Uggh that doesn't sound good.
No the passenger side is ok. What does UCH stand for and where is it located?
Ive been doing a bit of research and read that just disconnecting it for 5 mins could solve it? Do you think this would cause any other problems?

Thanks for your help

Megane dci 130
Iv had that exact same fault before and Im sad to say it was the uch at fault.
Its on the passenger side of the dash board behind the fuse box.

Hope this helps!

Da

Less
UCH

The UCH (Unite Centrale Habitacle) is an electronic control module that is fitted to many late model Renaults (early 2000's onwards.) It is responsible for controlling many of the non-engine related functions of the car, such as central locking, electric windows, and even some of the lights (e.g. indicators.)

A brand new UCH is supplied with a blank memory. This must be coded (using the Renault Clip computer) to match the serial number of the ECU and key/card before it will work with the car. The memory can only be written once, so a used UCH cannot be taken from a donor vehicle to be used in another unless the ECU and keyfobs/cards are also transferred.

Personally I've never bought one but as far as I know they're pricey as a new one will be needed.

BMW M135i
Approx. how much was the unit to purchace or get it repaired?
Your talking approx £200 for the UCH depend on which version of it you need and then it needs to be fitted either by renault or someone with a clip computer as it needs coding to the car as its part of the immobiliser. Don't think the UCH is capable of first time code learning like th ECU so the computer is needed.