ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers republic clio 200 cup

172, Tiguan
It would be pretty immense if it had a diff. Its spinning the inside wheel all the time. 200R anyone?

Glanza V
great review i think im slowly being converted into liking it the more i see it :)

ps i now want 1 ha

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sounds like a good drive, 20% more torque at low revs should feel more urgent. Wonder if the the 200 with cup packs gets the quicker steering rack, or just the cup? Still think it looks hideous next to the 197.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
only a smidge before the limiter, not sure why he kept hitting it tbh?!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nowt wrong with that. I Had coilovers fitted to mine a month after. Stiff = Win. Ask your bird ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lee... its ugly!! lol

One thing I will say, its gonna be very firm ride!
The white cup looks ace, the 200 looks like the work experience boy with special needs designed the front.
IMGP1586.jpg

Positive impressions but I didn't expect anything else. They have completely fucked up the front end, but it wouldn't stop me buying one.

Lloyds Car Select have the 200Cup listed at £13,400

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
pic%201.jpg

197 Win.

pic%202.jpg

197 Win. 2-0.

Although, its looks OK in the vid...

I soooooooooooooooooooooooooo want a GW cup. It hurts :(

Nowt wrong with that. I Had coilovers fitted to mine a month after. Stiff = Win. Ask your bird ;)

LMAO. I am just thinking of his back. Commuting in and out of Birmingham in something that stiff wont be good for him at his age :clown:

Barge
It's actually growing on me... Quite liking the green. Good review, hope a local dealer gets one in so I can get my mucky paws on it. :evil:

Suzuki Swift Sport
Looking forward to having a go in one :) dont think ill be getting one any time soon when im trying to buy a house though! :(

Tav

Clio 197
Could always buy the springs and dampers from Renault for your 197 if you wanted a little upgrade without going for crappy after market stuff.

Black Gold Trophy
Regardless of how it drives it still looks god awful!

My particular dislikes are:

-front end looks like a poorly modified 197
-wheels look like tsw/fox racing crap courtesy of halfords
-that green colour makes it look like a 'wannabe' focus RS

Tav

Clio 197
They had to change the front to fit with the Twingo/Megane. It was never going to stay the same. The 197 shares obvious design features with the 182/old megane (plastic grills)...so that look is gone and won't be coming back.

The green looks pretty different to the Focus...green is cool now any way...997 GT3RS anyone?

I'm not keen on the wheels...larger turini's ftw hehe

172, Tiguan
I can't stand where the existing shape front wing meets the new bumper/headlight. The line doesn't flow at all.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I'd like to see an Alien Green one with the bumpers colour-coded, lowered with black 197 wheels... Just to see if I could be convinced that I could like it!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd like to see an Alien Green one with the bumpers colour-coded, lowered with black 197 wheels... Just to see if I could be convinced that I could like it!!
Doubt it would look as good as yours, the front of the 200 just doesn't fit the rest of the car IMO.