ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers Republic Hot Hatch Shootout

172, Tiguan
The distinction is that a hatch back has a door at the back. An opening into the cabin. Not an opening into the boot space. It doesn't matter how big it is, or how many wheels are driven, if it has a hatch back, then it's a hatch back. If it's also hot, then it's a hot hatch back, otherwise known as a hot hatch.

FFS there really should be an IQ test as part of the signing up process.

I'm sure all 5 of us would have a cracking conversation everyday!

Ph1 Sport
on them mondeo's doesnt look like the second one is hinged at the glass so that wuldnt be a hatchback either?

The distinction is that a hatch back has a door at the back. An opening into the cabin. Not an opening into the boot space. It doesn't matter how big it is, or how many wheels are driven, if it has a hatch back, then it's a hatch back. If it's also hot, then it's a hot hatch back, otherwise known as a hot hatch.

FFS there really should be an IQ test as part of the signing up process.

which is what i said on the first page! :approve:

J03

MX5 1.8
probably because you have the same car by any chance?

lol :p

edit: mis read your post, i just read 'thats what the inside of my boot looks like lol' have you never seen your boot... lol

Clio 182.
I think its clear what the differences are between a hatchback and a saloon, but i think the point some people are making is, traditionally "hot hatches" have been smaller cars.

For instance, you would never call a Mondeo ST a hot hatch, regardless of the fact that it has a hatchback. Nor would you call an Octavia VRS a Hot hatch, even though it is, actually a hatchback AND practically the same car as a Golf GTI.

The confusion with the subaru stems from the fact that all imprezas before this one, have been big power saloons. Essentially, nothing has changed other than the hideous looks. Its still a biggish car and its probably more powerful than all the others on test.

Tangoed Works
i think that was an excellent read and the vids combined mean you dont need to buy evo anymore!! result

MCS R56
lol at people not actually knowing what a hatchback is. the level of moron status on here is unbeleivable.

What I was thinking was the Mini, for example, seemed out of place with the other cars in the test, especially the Subaru. I've always considered the Impreza to be in the 'sports saloons' category but maybe that was just the older models. That way it's being tested against Evo's and such like.

I apologise for my lack of car knowledge and I'll be sure to come to you with any other queries I may have before attempting to post any comments on Cliosport.

Also, learn to spell.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
well, yes, when it is a saloon and not a hatchback...

P770AWY001.jpg

just send me a pm if you need further clarification. the moron status is still at def-con 4. be wary people.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
The Astra looks mental!

Think I'd rather have the Civic out of the lot though, with the Focus as 2nd option.

*sigh* Here's hoping!

White R26/Stripped Valver
God forbid you don't know what a hatch back is, something like that could cost you your life...

PMSL I've noticed there have been more and more morons popping up on this site recently. This thread is proof.