ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers side driveshaft problem

Arctic Blue 182
So i think I may have been a touch special when putting my gearbox back on and have knocked this bit out of line

photo 4.JPG

photo 2.JPG

in turn i have a gap at the gearbox end

photo 1.JPG

Anyway to fix this? I don't have great amount of tools.

I managed to do this by leaving the shaft in situ and doing up the box and its pushed this bearing out as it didnt go over the spline correctly.

Also i have a spinny front subframe bolt that the clip is stopping me getting a spanner over from the top. Any advice on this?

Really want to get the car back on the road now and these two things are halting play...

330i. E30 Touring.
For that driveshaft, it's just not slotted in properly. Use a hammer and a lump of wood against the bearing. One or two taps and it'll slot right in.

Remove the subframe nut clip completely. Then simply hold the nut with a socket/spanner while you tighten.

No big deal on either problem.

Arctic Blue 182
For that driveshaft, it's just not slotted in properly. Use a hammer and a lump of wood against the bearing. One or two taps and it'll slot right in.

Remove the subframe nut clip completely. Then simply hold the nut with a socket/spanner while you tighten.

No big deal on either problem.

Tidy cheers man. You`ve been a great help during this arse ache of a job!

Arctic Blue 182
Right two more questions. Budgie im tagging you as you seem to be on the ball this evening and I dont want to start another thread.

Easy one first. Am i missing a bolt from the gearbox mount?

mount.JPG

and wtf is this random connector for. I thought starter motor but ive already done that and this doesn`t seem to want to bend round that way anyway. Its to low for the battery and im confused.

random connector.JPG random connector 2.JPG

172 Phase 1
Yes you are definitely missing a bolt, the stud has come out with the nut. You can put from what i can see an M8x1.25 bolt in that hole with a washer similar size to the one on the opposite side.

The cable looks like an earth cable. I would check the cable with a test light if you are really not sure where it came from. There should be a bolt that attaches this cable to the gearbox casing

330i. E30 Touring.
Yep, that looks like the earth to the back of the gearbox. Held to the box over the back with a short 13mm head bolt. Leave that undone and it won't start and the dash will go mental.

Yep, should be a bolt in that gearbox mount. It's identical to the one on the otherwise pal

Arctic Blue 182
thanks lads life savers.

Just the battery and air box to go back on and i can start it up see if the mission has been successful or not.

Got a few bits left over but the just reassures me I've done it properly :)

330i. E30 Touring.
Whatever you've got left over, take a pic of and i'll tell you where it comes from. Can see if they're important or not. lol

Arctic Blue 182
Haha Cheers fella.

Cars a few miles away so wont be able to do that till this evening.

In case someone can get back to me before this evening, having a trouble with refitting the driverside suspension top mount/hat. Cars on the ground and it just spins and spins. I can feel the part inside the spring turning when i try and tighten it up. Should it be doing this? The passengers side certainly didn`t!

330i. E30 Touring.
As in the top mount cap in the engine bay?

21mm swan neck spanner with an Allen key holding the damper rod still, assuming you're on standard dampers