ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers side handbrake not working!

Clio 182
Hi Guys,

A quick search for this topic revealed nothing so hopefully you guys can help me out!

Unfortunately the handbrake does not seem to work on my drivers side, only on the passenger side. I changed the pads on the back last night and found that the cable is all working correctly however when the cable pulls the handbrake shaft thing on nothing happens and the handbrake does not engage.

I'm looking to take the calliper off and have a gander later but it would be great if anyone could provide me with any hints or tips as to what's causing this!

Many Thanks,

Pod

Take off the exhaust heatshield under the handbrake (under the car) then you should see the adjuster, check this is straight and not pulled to one side, also will allow you to pull on the cable and see if its snapped one side.

Clio 172
Is there adjustment in the calliper my clio fail the nct on handbrake effort its 13% needs to be over 16% already change the cables and the pads also tightened the cable at the handbrake end.

Clio 182
Thanks so much for the tips guys, Th cable appears not to have snapped from brief inspection. For example when someone else applys the handbrake, you can see the cable moving and being pulled. I shall check under the heat shield this evening, but it seems to me like somethings not working properly in the caliper itself!