ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers window

2003 Clio 172
So ehhhhhhh..............can anyone tell me what I am looking at here or is it just an old stripping match to see what has happened.

I thought it might have been the little plastic clip (riveted to the window) but that actually looks intact

2003 Clio 172
FYI, in the absence of replies I just went to town on it

Ok, so I thought it was the little slider held in by the rivet that slides up and down the B pillar and this was damaged as expected. So replaced this.

However, the real culprit was the metal vertical part of the regulator that the plastic "nub" and cable slide up and down had broken its top bracket and was actually pulling the glass back and forth as it went up and down

This systematically destroyed the slider AND has done a good number on the door rubbers but it will do

I then checked the passenger side window of which the slider is fine but the window was a bit slow

Metal bracket holding the regulator to the door broken also which was actually starting to wear the slider.

Both regulators welded up (as they were in good nick otherwise) and the windows are now super fast and smooth

Not sure if its a common problem but if you are having any window slowness/roughness/noises etc.........I would check it before it mangles something else

J

Reactions: MLB
  Clio 182
Hi mate, only just found your post while trying to find a cure for my really really slow passenger window! Please can you give me some advice on which parts need replacing?
Thank you

Adam