ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft / inner cv boot question

silver 172 ff
hello the inner cv boot on the drivers side of my 02 172ff has gone. so ive been to a garage today to get it sorted and they have said that, that boot is part of the shaft and you cant just replace the boot you have to replace the whole shaft. this sounds a bit extreme to me.

is this right do you have to get a full new shaft?

And if this is the case where can i get one from cheap? or is it dealer only?

cheers david

Lionel Richie
£29.21+vat 7701471522

i think thats the right part number

driveshaft has to be removed to fit it, its easier to just replace the shaft, but they're about £170

silver 172 ff
cheers dude i shall get one of them sorted then.

reading the guide removing the shaft doesnt sound that hard. once the shaft is out will it be an easy task. because ive attempted cv boots before with little sucess lol.

silver 172 ff
ahh ok then. i might go and see if i can get it on my mates ramp and have a go at it down at his garage, that way if i f**k it up im not stuck on my drive.

That is actually true.. but we just cheated and disconnected it all.. pain in the ass
but worth it if you want to save them pennys.

you should get a sachet of grease with the boot. and metal jubilee clips..
basically pull it over where the old one was..fill it with grease and do up clips (tight)

silver 172 ff
winner doesnt sound that hard then. or am i missing something?

ive always used cable ties coz i can get them really tight them metal clips just never work.

silver 172 ff
hello just been out and had a look i cant see the pin that the guides say you have to push out to remove the shaft. where about would that be is it around that big silver lump thing in the middle of the shaft??

Clio 172
Hi I have just had to buy a complete shaft (Part No 82 00 257 767) for my 2001 facelift 172 as the inner boot on the drivers side is a swaged press fit in a metal tube which runs very close to the block, so no space to fit a boot and clip externally.
Also don't buy this boot 77 01 471 522 for this type of shaft. I guess renault must have changed the shaft design on the later models and made it replaceable. £30 boot is much more wallet friendly than £190 shaft!!!!
Looking at the new shaft I don't think that there is a pin to remove it, looks like it pushes into the gearbox or just pulls out. I will know more when I fit mine tommorow.

Clio 172
Fitted my drive shaft today 1.5 hours, with no problems. It just pulls out of the gearbox. Had a good look at the shaft and it looks like it is not possible to change the inner boot, as the steel tube is pressed on at the other end as well as the boot swaged in at the other

DSC00169.JPG

£29.21+vat 7701471522

i think thats the right part number

driveshaft has to be removed to fit it, its easier to just replace the shaft, but they're about £170

Does this part come as the steel tube with the boot fitted?

RenaultSport clio 17
Yes the boot comes with the steel tube as one unit, I have just taken out the driveshaft but having trouble removing the inner cv boot, need some help guys...