ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving In Limp Mode...Is It Safe??

C3 Picasso Beast
As title basically??

I've got to do a 90 mile trip tomorrow and I'm guessing my car will likely to go into limp mode soon after starting the journey so what problems could I cause if I kept driving??

​Thanks

C3 Picasso Beast
Quick answer there Dan :)

So apart from p'ing everyone off with my slow speed I shouldn't in theory cause more probs??

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
It's not by speed, it's by rpm, think it's max 2500rpm? I had it ALL the time before I replaced my throttle body, it was a real nightmare

172 Track Car
My car did it a lot before I sorted the throttle body, scary as f**k when your trying to pull across round abouts. I would just clear engine warnings every time it came on.

C3 Picasso Beast
It has been running perfectly with no limp mode the last two days so I have no idea what's going on with the stupid car?!?

Limp mode limits you to 3k RPM so I was able to do about 50ish when it was doing it!