ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving Sim Rigs

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
A friend wants a set up building up. He's assumed I can help lol....

Is there anywhere which sells full rigs as a package. Loads of places do all random parts but very few do all of the parts in one thing.

Looking for a seat, wheel, shift, pedal set up with 3 screens.

Budget of £4000 ex the PC to run it.

This kind of thing:

Racing%20Sim07.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If you're feeling flush, CXC are pretty much the daddies. They make all the rigs you'll see at car shows etc, but they do sell to the public.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Some of the prices seem mental though. Considering what the actual parts cost. Vesaro want over £800 just for the mount for 3 screens. When £200 will get you a perfectly serviceable one.

Tbh its looks like he should just get a basic frame then self mount the rest.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
that made me laugh......or cry

50K, gets you a clio, modify it, a private instructor and a shitload of trackdays......
Exactly, some of these commercial rigs are way more than a season in a race car!

If you're feeling flush, CXC are pretty much the daddies. They make all the rigs you'll see at car shows etc, but they do sell to the public.
Considering theirs are about $50k, that's a touch over budget!

Gotta be honest, I'd be getting some local fabricator to build one for me rather than trying to buy - the Vesaro one above is little more than some posh bent tube with a bucket seat mounted, yet it's $12500!

Things like triple VESA mounts are cheap enough to buy on their own, and easy to integrate once you have a frame. It also means you could use a proper motorsport bucket seat rather than a rip-off.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'll admit, in my experience with driving games and three screens, it can be a bit hit & miss.

Sure, most can output to the required 5760 resolution if you're going standard 1080 high - but it still looks and 'feels' squished. Also, you'll spend a LOT of time trying to get the 1st and 3rd monitors setup at the right viewing angle. Having both of the outer screens kicked-in at an angle to try and simulate a wrap-around view - actually plays tricks with your eyes. The 2nd screen in the middle having a perfectly parallel view to the screen in accordance to your eyes - then the other two screens to each side looking a bit weird in your periphery.

You do get used to it, but it does take a while. Personally, I would just spend the money on a single large and curved monitor. Forget the other two screens for now.

Finally, the other two screens really only add value to open seat racing where you can see the wheels and suspension working. When you're in a closed roof car - they add very little to the experience.

Oh - and as for wheels and pedals....... Fanatec is where to head. Depending on your driving interest, they do modular gearsticks and even handbrake attachments - not forgetting that the hub bosses support plenty of fully authorised wheel reproductions, like Porsche, for example.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Have a look at R-Seat Europe.

I have their RS-1, and they can have various bits added to them like screen mounts, speaker mounts, buttkickers etc, as well as motion if you're feeling flush.

One slight criticism is that the wheel support comes up the wrong side on the RS-1, but I'm sure for a little extra they could mount it the other way around.

DSC_0073.JPG

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I have their RS-1, and they can have various bits added to them like screen mounts, speaker mounts, buttkickers etc, as well as motion if you're feeling flush.

One slight criticism is that the wheel support comes up the wrong side on the RS-1, but I'm sure for a little extra they could mount it the other way around.

View attachment 978166
Nice setup mate!

You've gone for extra realism too - it looks like your gearstick is as far away from the driver as it is in an RS Clio.... :tongueout:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, it's not the best picture! It's about halfway down my leg, any further back and I find my arm is trying to go behind the wing of the seat trying to get 2/4/6/R. It's about in line with the wheel.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Id say get a Playseat set up with all the trimmings (H pattern box and handbrake) decent sized screen/monitor and then VR. Don't piss about with monitors.

A friend wants a set up building up. He's assumed I can help lol....

Is there anywhere which sells full rigs as a package. Loads of places do all random parts but very few do all of the parts in one thing.

Looking for a seat, wheel, shift, pedal set up with 3 screens.

Budget of £4000 ex the PC to run it.

This kind of thing:

Racing%20Sim07.jpg
I know a man who does what your are talking about , though 4k is not where his normal builds are they are a bit higher .

he is based in spain but it might be a good contact

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

View attachment 978166
That's proper.
How much was the full seat/mount setup?