ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving techniques

Hey,

I have a 2000 1.4 Clio SI

Just a few questions

1) where is the redline ? its not on the dials ???

2) where is the rev limiter ???

3) what amount of revs are best for off the line starts ???

4) where is the best shift point ???

Cheers

jonny

Quote: Originally posted by Jonny-SI on 05 October 2004

Hey,

I have a 2000 1.4 Clio SI

Just a few questions

1) where is the redline ? its not on the dials ???

Mark it with a red felt tip.

2) where is the rev limiter ???

Where the red felt tip is.

3) what amount of revs are best for off the line starts ???

See above answer.

4) where is the best shift point ???

Red felt tip again

Cheers

jonny
If in doubt, just press all the pedals at once.

Street Triple R

best to find everything out for yourself i reckon, sounds like your gonna be knackering your car pretty soon though!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Doesnt it have a rev-limiter? Ive had a few cars that didnt have redlines marked on the rev-counter.

182, GTR, C63

just floor it till the engine looses power and take note where this is. You want to shift just before this in 1st and 2nd then in 3rd not leave it quite as long same with fourth and fifth.

Id give it 4-4500 for a good start and manage your wheelspin. Driving like this all the time will f*ck your car up same with running it into the limiter. Dont worry about it not having a redline. Once you are used to the you as most good drivers do can change without looking at the rev counter. Obviosly it helps if your really gunning it though.

Just to answer another question there is no redline. They are only put there to give drivers an idea that their engines dont like running around those revs constantly. I tend not to worry about long life of the car and engine as i wont be running it for a long time.

Have fun. PS once again the above advice is for off-road track use only. Hmmm yeah as if.......