ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving the 182 as a regular everyday car....

Saxo VTS
Hey everyone,

Is the 182 cup your everyday car? How far do you drive, how much petrol do you get out of it? Is it good/economic on long drives? Have there been any major repairs that it has needed due to lots of driving?

Sounds like a questionnaire doesnt it?! But these are all my main questions about the 182 that i want to know so that i know getting the car is the right decision :)

(ps. i want the 182 so so so so so much, so make the answers what i want to hear!! :rasp:)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
it is cheap as cheaps tbh. does 35mpg if driven carefully. it is a clio. it doesn't cost the earth at all.

I use a 182Cup as a daily driver. I get about 30mpg out of it. There are many many known problems, but once fixed they're actually quite reliable on a day to day basis. Don't expect it to be a limo though. Mine sounds like a bag of rusty chisels. You can have it for a tenner if you like :D

mk3 golf gti
I use a 182Cup as a daily driver. I get about 30mpg out of it. There are many many known problems, but once fixed they're actually quite reliable on a day to day basis. Don't expect it to be a limo though. Mine sounds like a bag of rusty chisels. You can have it for a tenner if you like :D

will you take 8.50 and a bag of chips?

Dont get a 182 Cup. Get a 182 with Cup packs.

But theyre fine day-to-day. Service it when you should and you'll be fine. Certain bits will fall off or fail, its French. Its supposed to do that.

Saxo VTS

Cant be as bad as my saxo :) Always sounds like my bodywork is scraping on the floor :rasp: If you are offering your car for a tenner, i dont mind taking it off your hands :D

I find its a bit of a handful to use everyday so I keep it for the weekend I ve got my
KTM X-BOW for going to tescos etc.

ROFL
Its just like any other clio, does 33mpg, is easy to park etc, keep it serviced and it will be fine.

M2 Competition
Run mine most days, 10 mile journey to work. 30mpg including being sat in traffic, comfy, not many rattles.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mines nearly 4 years old and nothings broke yet apart from leaking washer jets.

But my 172 broke everytime i turned the key.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've used all of mine for my daily drive. Pilled 18k in 15 months on my 172, 22k on my 182 in 12 months and 42k on the Trophy in 2 and a half years. The Cup has already got 12k on the clock in 9 months. Never had any serious mecahical problems with any of them, and they all got used properly!! Quarter mile, track days etc.

I used to get 33mpg, I even drove it to France, Italy,Germany and Belgium with the mrs and a car full of camping gear on several occasions and found it to be a very comfortable mile muncher.
It never let me down, only needed new shocks on the rear , discs ,pads and a new windscreen in the 2yrs that I had It.

Renaultsport Clio 182
I use mine everyday and I do about 250 miles per week which gives me about 31mpg. Cost me about £38 at the moment with V-Power.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
i did 2500 miles a month in mine for about 10 months, wasnt bad. got around 400miles out a tank and it generally fine.
The only downside was running on coileys on cobbled streets gets a bit annoying daily, but can be rectified easily

i do 90 miles a day, love it, no serious probs touch wood. i get 40mpg out of it too. best i had over 150 mile journey was 45.3!! cheap like the budgey tbh.

DMS

A thirsty 172
My ph2 172 gets driven about 30 miles per day to and from work, including sitting in traffic for probably half an hour too.
Fuel economy hits anywhere between 35 and 45mpg depending on the traffic conditions.
Reliability wise I've had mine since May 2008. I've had a broken heater resistor pack, an air con pipe split and the rear passenger side coil spring has snapped. Heater and air con were fixed under warranty, which saved me a few quid.

It's like my old 106 GTi though... who cares if it keeps breaking, it's enormous fun when everything works how it should. If you can't afford to run it just work harder ;)

Saxo VTS
Well, im happy with everyones answers. Next i have to pass my exams at the end of February and then get a payrise and then get the car :) Im on the lookout for the Racing Blue, definitely not black as i hate the state my car gets into at the moment!

Wooooo, really excited :)