ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

driving tips for dci

just wondering if anyone had any techniques to get these thing moving a little (without modding)??

or any general driving tips that i could try??

Used to have a Focus RS

Seat Belt

Start engine

Engage 1st gear

Check mirrors

And your off

Sorry mate couldnt resist:);):)

Remapped derv Golf

Dont bother blasting a diesel right to the red line. Try a bit of short shifting.

Not sure how the DCi clio behaves but thats the best way in our Xantia at work.

no, that was fair game. left myself wide open to that one!! ;)

dodgy thing about clio diesels.....it dont have a red line!!! lol!! the bars on the revs get a bit thicker around 5000 but it never goes that far anyway.

recently ive started to go to 4000 before changing and that seems to have helped a lot, although it tends to drop back in a little high in the revs for my liking (think im missing a lot of the torque by doing that).

only an hour and a half till i can experiment though!!

Max power should be able 4k ( but is usually about 3.5k) so changing up at 4k will maximise acceleration.

I usually rev to about 2~2.5k and chnage up or rev it to 4k and jusmp a gear or two.

Best keep the revs around 2.2k or so as thats where max torque is.