ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

driving with no bumper

Renault clio mk2 rxe 1.6
am going 2 be spraying my bumper soon but is it illegal 2 drive with the front or rear bumper off, cus dont think i will be able 2 get it done in a day??

silver valver/hybrid
dont think its illegal as long as you can still display the numberplate, ive seen quite a few old golfs and fiestas that have had bumpers remover permanantly. bit more of a worry at night as there are no lights illuminating your numberplate, which is illegal

Renault clio mk2 rxe 1.6
i can display the number plate in the windscreen for 1 night, just dont want 2 rush the spraying

1.6 focus zetec....
The answer is no its not illegal...i did it for a few weks whilst i sourced a new front bumper....police drove past and everything, never blinked an eyelid!!!

Kiza

Black 182 f&f
I got stopped once cause i had no back bumper(in my pug306) cause it was a hazzard so the cops said so i got a defect to get it sorted within 21 days !

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
That's a good and helpful link Rip3z, nice one.

Driving without a bumper is a big 'no no'. I think you should reconsider, and maybe leave you car at home for the day petroladdict. Safety should always come first! :)

It IS illegal if there are any sharp pieces of metal exposed. The offence is "driving a motor vehicle in a condition which is likely to cause injury to others". Ie, if your car strikes a pedestrian with sharp bits sticking out it'll do a lot more damage. Still, if you drive into someone, chances are they'll be hurt badly anyway...