ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving with warped disks

RSC 182 Cup
I'm getting a vibration through the brake pedal when I brake at around 80kph. A bit faster or slower then that and I cant feel a thing.

I'm running fairly new ds2500 pads and Brembo Max disks. This problem started after their first trackday but I dont know how they could have warped as I didnt sit stationary with the brakes and didnt even park the car with the handbrake on.

Anyway, my questions are
1) How can I check to be sure it is actualy a warped disk and not something else?
2) Is it safe to continue to drive on them, I mean they still stop really well and the vibration is getting no worse?
3) If they are warped, can I fix them or do I have to bin them?

Cheers guys

Mondeo TDCI 130
I would say its just unlucky, they must have been cooked on the trackday, the only thing to do is replace them, you could get them skimmed, but there often no better and its expensive unless you have someone really good local!

RSC 182 Cup
Well as long as they arn't dangerous to drive on I'm just gonna keep em in. I mean they still stop the car like reverse thrusters!

....hope it goes away :D