ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

droning noise

172 cup
just noticed a droning noise coming from the rear of my 172 cup. i think its a wheel bearing what u think. gonna take it to a local garage n c whatthey say any ideas how much they cost.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Def the wheel bearings mate. Means new disc's both sides. May as well do the pads while your at it. Circa £250 for the parts + fitting.

Look in the guides section on here for a guide.

Clio 172mk2
i had mine done last dec, 190 for renault parts, discs inc bearings and pads. not done at dealers though

Megane dci 130
Def the wheel bearings mate. Means new disc's both sides. May as well do the pads while your at it. Circa £250 for the parts + fitting.

Look in the guides section on here for a guide.

Doesnt mean new discs. You can get the bearing on its own. Remove disc, press out old press in new and refit.

Bearing is around £30 plus fitting.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Aye-i had mine done for me recently on the 1.6 as no bearing press. Quick enough job by Andy at Birchdown.

You'll love it when you get it sorted and lose the annoying drone. Mine was sounding like a bloody landrover! :dead:

Megane dci 130
Renault may not sell the bearing seperatly. But you can get FAG bearings from your local factor which is OE quality.