ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dropped a screw down the engine bay.

Civic Type S GT
I was taking my engine cover off yesterday when I let go of one of the back screws and it fell down into the engine bay and hasn't fallen all the way through.:S How will I get it out?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh dear.

Velcro shoes on today? Casio watch?

A magnet.

182, 172 Track Shed
Did somethng similar at weekend with power steering bottle cap

Didnt drop out and after 20 mins with my hands buried in the engine bay I gave up and stuck some duct tape over the bottle and decided to prepare to be ripped off by Renault for a new one

Luckily as I was going down the exit ramp in a multi storey i heard a rattle and saw the cap come flying out

Not sure how this helps the OP but I was chuffed to bits!

Artic 182
I dropped the very same bolt a few months back. Decided to leave it and replace it. Started the engine and it'd wedged in the aux belt! WOAH!

Lie on the floor and bang the plastic undertray and see if you can hear it bounce, chances are thats where it is

Civic Type S GT
I dropped the very same bolt a few months back. Decided to leave it and replace it. Started the engine and it'd wedged in the aux belt! WOAH!

Lie on the floor and bang the plastic undertray and see if you can hear it bounce, chances are thats where it is

I'll try that but will have to wait till it's dried up hear, raining like mad.

Honda & VW
last month i went to put some screen wash in so opened the bonnet to find a ratchet sitting there, must have left it there when i fitted my engine cover doh!!!!

luckily it hadn't moved anywhere.

Anyone need any work doing on there car give me a shout lol

^definitely
you can get ones with a 'claw' on the end as well

chances are it'll have gone by now if you've used the car since though

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
last month i went to put some screen wash in so opened the bonnet to find a ratchet sitting there, must have left it there when i fitted my engine cover doh!!!!

luckily it hadn't moved anywhere.

Anyone need any work doing on there car give me a shout lol

I can better that.

Mate of mine did an air filter change on his old Fiesta Poplar years ago and for weeks after couldn't find his glasses.

Went to fill his screen wash up and found them sat on the filter housing.

True story.

Not a Clio at the moment!
I can better that.

Mate of mine did an air filter change on his old Fiesta Poplar years ago and for weeks after couldn't find his glasses.

Went to fill his screen wash up and found them sat on the filter housing.

True story.

My mechanic found the 2 of the "172" cup sticker from the passenger door in my cars scuttle yesterday!!! saved a bit getting that replaced.....;)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
This happened to me last year when taking the engine cover off. I had to take the filter housing out but managed to find it luckily.