ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dropped valve, the aftermath.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Chap only had it 3 days, then this happened. :(

image_zps888d22ed.jpg

image_zps8a4d9783.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I put some in a mates Omega 2.5 V6 about 18 months ago and I swear to you now, the thing is still going strong. Brilliant stuff!!

We tried some in a 1.8 K series and it made fcuk all difference. Brown coat wearing work shy brummie t***s.

Mondeo TDCI 130
I put some in a mates Omega 2.5 V6 about 18 months ago and I swear to you now, the thing is still going strong. Brilliant stuff!!

We tried some in a 1.8 K series and it made fcuk all difference. Brown coat wearing work shy brummie tw*ts.

Use 2 bottles......lol!

Clio.
3days! Does he like the rev limiter....
shame though I'd be proper pissed off if that happened to me, ah great... That's just jinxed it.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
I raise you

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363948178.483240.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363948209.296119.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363948232.000680.jpg

Cup racer engine, sucked all the coolant in and bent all the rods. Was like Thomas the Tank engine out the exhaust.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i been there

timing the 1st time and 10 days later dropped a valve!!

Birchdown fitted the 2nd hand engine!!

cant fault it now

HBT 172 Cup
mine blew up on the rev limiter :D probably why it looks so catastrophic lol, it certainly made quite some bang and a lot of smoke.

HBT 172 Cup
Changed the rev limiter to 7500rpm, 3 minutes later i was at the side of the road in a cloud of smoke. I blame poorer quality pattern part valves for the failure though.