ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dropping front further.

Golf GTTDI 130PD

Hiya Guys,

After chats with various people at the Southend meet I decided I would like to drop the front suspension on my 97 Clio Maxim further. Its already has been lowered 35mm at the front but the rear has lowered quite a bit more.

It became more noticeable when I changed my rims. I am very happy with the rear height and think the front needs to be dropped a bit more.

Nick has already suggested a 60mm drop at front which can be done by carnoisseur in Essex and including uprated shocks which I have at the mo.

Have any of you fellow owners got a bargain on lowering and including uprated shocks, would be grateful if you can let me know of some good deals in the South East for the work.

Any suggestions woul dbe greatly appreciated,

Leanne xxx

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

carnoisseur sorted mine out 55mm drop on P.I including the uprated shocks think that was £161 then took it to Extreme in Harlow and they fitted it and lowered the rear torsion bar for £140. never had any problems with the set up.

Since your backs already low enough it should be a lot cheaper.

BMW 320d Sport

Well it seems like a good price to me Leanne, like I said to you before, yours can take a 60mm drop cos it starts off so high anyway. So £200 for the kit supplied plus £30 or £40 to get a garage to change over the front and rear shocks and front springs and bobs your uncle. Luckily your torsion bar is perfect height already.

but if her shocks are already uprated all shell need s two front springs, cost about £50 and not that hard to do yaself

Golf GTTDI 130PD

Dont think my shocks are uprated.

Checked with R-Tec and they said they dont do them (they lowered her in the first place).

Shame money just isnt allowing at the mo.:(

springs are about £40 shocks .. not too sure but they really arnt that hard to do yaself... only need a jack and a few spanners, oh and spring compressos of course!

i got clamps, just hate working on the bloody cars...

maybe i should ave put chat up somebody stupid enough to do em for u..

besides girls have it easy... short skirt, small tight top, they have what they want!