ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

drwatson postmortem debugger

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
drwatson.gif

what is it exactly? is it spyware of something? my itunes had to be shut downand it came up with this... :S :dead: :mad:

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
dont know but i get this aswel, happend when i try to send an email thru outlook express, got windows xp home, what you got?

Clio v6
It is the program that collects information about a program that has crashed and sends it to Microsoft (the send/do not send box that appears when a program crashes).

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
xp pro

i did a quick google and it does appear to be a microsoft program of somesort but a lot of people seem to get rid of it. dunno why though! nothing to worry about then?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It generates a file which contains the contents of the processors registers and flags. It also provides a dump of the stack so that you can see how the program got to where it is. It also contains information about the core system (version, sp state etc).

It's one of windows most utterly useless features as it sends the information about app crashes to microsoft, when it should send it to the software vendor - I think they've fixed this in vista though.

If you're entirely paranoid then it's more than possible that private information could be in the stack.