ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drying Tips

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
top tips/tools?

for the final rinse, use the hose pipe without the end on, so it doesnt spray,

most of the water will flow straight off

( got that tip from someone on here i think anyway! )

Use autoglym rinse aid, even more water sheets off, use a soft w/w towel, lightly spritz the towel with QD to make it even softer.

I use a watering can with warm water after shampoo, then waffle weave drying towel. Works for me!

106 GTi
I sheet the water off with a constant floor of water, from the hose, after spraying the car first with Autoglym Autogloss rinse. Leaves very little water behind which I dry using a Waffle Weave drying towel. Lap round the block to dislodge the drips, and a can of compressed air and and jobs a good un!

172 Cup
what do guys think of using a flexiblade thing and a shamoi? are the Waffle Weave drying towels much better then?

MK2 P1 1.4S
I would probably say stay away from the flexiblade thing, except for glass. If you miss even a tiny spot on you car and go over it with the blade, you might get some bad scratching. Waffle weave is kinder.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've got a Megs water magnet, but it leaves terrible water marks. I good leather would always take all the water off the car but the water magnet just seems to move it around!

172 Cup
the flexi blade thing isnt supposed to scratch at all? also i find it does cust the chamio time in half!

106 GTi
Flexi Blade, should be fine as long as your car is washed and rinsed well, and you wipe the blade between passes to ensure no dirt gets dragged along the paint. If something does get attached or stuck between it it will scratch.

Not prepered to risk that on the Black paint, but use it one on the 2 silver and white vehicles in the household.

Clio 172mk2
Lee said:
I've got a Megs water magnet, but it leaves terrible water marks. I good leather would always take all the water off the car but the water magnet just seems to move it around!

once uve used the water magnet get a meguires terry towel m n just wipe the car with it , leeeves care spot less :D

LY V6 with Recaros
I just drive round the block a few times and put my foot down a bit and all the excess water comes out! Then dry it again!!

MK2 P1 1.4S
Although it sounds really daft, I once heard on another detailing forum that some peopl use a garden leaf blower to dry their cars...